+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Urban Fresh Burger in Parkgate

Is it halal?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Is it halal?
    Can you get halal mung beans?

You can get expensive vegan mug beans

The franchise holder is a Rotherham fan. Sits in the north stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The franchise holder is a Rotherham fan. Sits in the north stand.
    Is he the one that farts a lot as mentioned in an earlier thread?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    They don't put any cow meat in their burgers but they do use beef from steers and heifers.

I think a steers are castrated male cattle (bullocks? or is it true?)
    I think Heifers are young female cattle - they don't become cows until they've given birth.

Could be a load of bull (groan)
    No beef whatsoever, well at least in my experience....

....I suppose I should explain. I worked close to a Five Guys and everyone used to rave about their burgers so one day, being Billy-no-mates I took a walk over there on my lonesome to try them out. I ordered the big sized bacon cheesberger with everything on it. Nibbled on a few peanuts while I anxiously awaited my number to be called. When it finally was I picked up my order and retired to a table to indulge. On unwrapping the burger, it was massive so I began to get my chops around it, lettuce, bacon, onions, tomato, cheese, special sauce, the lot. Having devoured over half of it I thought "Wait a minute!" and started probing amongst the mess I was making to discover, no beef patties. I searched and I searched but to no avail. Panic set in. Should I take it back to be ridiculed either because in their eyes a bacon cheesberger maybe just includes bacon and cheese (more like a bacon sarnie with extras) or because I'd eaten close to 75% of a $10 burger before noticing they'd forgotten to put the beef on! In the end I did what I always do, sloped off quietly to avoid my own blushes. I did however return a few days later to repeat my order, and did get the beef

Anyone tried the Ethiopian vegan place on Wellgate? Been open about 6 months, never seen a customer in it!

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Anyone tried the Ethiopian vegan place on Wellgate? Been open about 6 months, never seen a customer in it!
    The bloke that runs it stands outside praying with a big stick in his hand at opening. Proper Rastafarian.

The Caribbean place next door to it is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The bloke that runs it stands outside praying with a big stick in his hand at opening. Proper Rastafarian.

The Caribbean place next door to it is nice.
    I find Rastafarianism really interesting as it formed relatively recently in Jamaica but its 'holy land' of Babylon is in Ethiopia, even though there aren't many Ethiopian Rastafarians at all. Curious if they're serving predominantly Ethiopian cuisine rather than the Caribbean I'd tend to expect given the lack of Rastafarians from that part of the world. Either way it sounds great, will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I haven't but a friend of mine has been and said the food is fantastic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast