+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominic Ball

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Not conspiracy !

Taking timings - activities and the movement of personnel at the time just facts really. OP about DB - he's been called by our grape vine as a bad apple. Well others seemed to rank him highly and with all due respect those "others" opinion out rank PW's in my opinion.

Perhaps it's as simple as PW having to pull rank and flex his new managerial muscles (the club would support him - they made him the manager) but at DB cost and btw the club's cost. DB for me was exactly what we needed a flexible defender - a young Spurs defender and England if memory serves. Him and young (large) Fries at the back - given some decent "development" time. What did we get - both good young pro's at centre back sent home and out on loan and a Wood contract extension. That's what happened factually - the reasons behind it is open to individual opinions. I think the club sufferred personally.

Crappy Aberdeen still fancy him....he'll probably come south - perhaps join up with Charlton and Purrington lol

That's what happened didn't it ?

No conspiracy there at all.
    I'm with you on this one as I said previously I have watched loads of his games over the last few seasons as I do a lot of our out on loan players and even against Celtic and Rangers he was one of the better players on the park in most of the games.

In my opinion we messed up here and allowed a good prospect to slip through the net, ok so the timing could have been at fault with the disruption at the club but lets wait and see where and how he ends up before we cast judgement.

If he can hold his own against the likes of Rangers and Celtic he is better than most defenders we have, incidentally he sometimes played in front of the back four and was always steady in that position also.

Our loss I'm afraid, I know there are doubters on here but lets wait and see.

Why the f*ck does anyone give 2 sh*t's about Dominic Ball, what a pointless thread.

Yeah - complete ...............cks.

Evidence based answers to a man...lol
    It happened - can't rewrite history boys. You can try to shout it down but history remains history....
    Apparently you can rewrite history:

"At Peterborough DB scored a winner then was left out of the squad - the argument was about team selection - the subsequent game Peterborough lost 4-1 so perhaps the big "I am" was right."

He did indeed score a winner (against Shrewsbury) but he played in the subsequent game, against Walsall, which Posh lost 2-0. He was benched for the following game (i.e. still in the squad) which was the 4-1 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Why the f*ck does anyone give 2 sh*t's about Dominic Ball, what a pointless thread.
    Well do one then.. no one asked you for your comments... we look at the crap you post whats the difference?

Earning a lot more money from football than you earn I'd guess. But being a Cancer surviver he admits to "chillin".

A top pro - a good development manager and was slumming on Vardy's 'V9' coaching I think.

We treat the guy terribly - the lowest point in the fans history - I was ashamed of the fans at that point.

They ignored what NW had done - culled the squad leaving ageing pro's in high £ contracts! (Certainly not for the future)

The recruitment guy dissappeared when Barnsley stole a player from under our noses. Rotherham United was a shambles and Mr Stubbs tried his best with the tools he was given. And for me I saw signs that he knew his stuff. Barring the blinding hatred borne out of ignorance some fans had - that I don't suffer from - he did ok. PW played expansive football without a clue how to play against "better teams". He still doesn't and rates Yates and Wood.

Looking forward as we must move on we'll see what payers our player development team attract from the Premiership. Last year a goalkeeper - knowing he'll face a lot of shots and Salfords new superstar who definately has found his level.

I'll not be drawn into crude aggressive behaviour - and / or agree with you because that would make us both wrong.

OP Dom Ball remember.

Who a "complete 2w@t" - reading the rules of this site that language is frowned upon unless it's your user name?

Like I said wrinkly - I couldn't be arsed to check back in detail - but your facts are ok by me - close enough - still think hE jumped ship due to team selection - rightly or wrongly....my facts were hardly misleading. I have zero axe to grind except - I think Rotherham United lost out on a good player due to the lightweight
    (perhaps inept) management of several players at that time. He is far superior to Yates and I can't see Yates ever winning the Scottish Premiership title. DB did didn't he? I forget - not important - moving on.

He is far superior to Yates and I can't see Yates ever winning the Scottish Premiership title. DB did didn't he?
    I agree, I can't see Yates ever winning the Scottish Premiership title but seeing as Rangers haven't won the Scottish Premiership since 2011, neither has Dominic Ball.

He is far superior to Yates and I can't see Yates ever winning the Scottish Premiership title. DB did didn't he? I forget - not important - moving on.
    You forget quite a lot.
    No - he didn't win the Scottish Premiership

That's how much I read about Scottish football...however :

"The England Under-20 international played an important tole in the Gers clinching automatic promotion from the Scottish Championship to the Scottish Premiership at the end of the 2015-16 campaign".

Sounds ok to me.....There's always "bad apples" at any club but those that write the history decide who and why to suit their own agenda.

Earning a lot more money from football than you earn I'd guess. But being a Cancer surviver he admits to "chillin".

A top pro - a good development manager and was slumming on Vardy's 'V9' coaching I think.

We treat the guy terribly - the lowest point in the fans history - I was ashamed of the fans at that point.

They ignored what NW had done - culled the squad leaving ageing pro's in high £ contracts! (Certainly not for the future)

The recruitment guy dissappeared when Barnsley stole a player from under our noses. Rotherham United was a shambles and Mr Stubbs tried his best with the tools he was given. And for me I saw signs that he knew his stuff. Barring the blinding hatred borne out of ignorance some fans had - that I don't suffer from - he did ok. PW played expansive football without a clue how to play against "better teams". He still doesn't and rates Yates and Wood.

Looking forward as we must move on we'll see what payers our player development team attract from the Premiership. Last year a goalkeeper - knowing he'll face a lot of shots and Salfords new superstar who definately has found his level.

I'll not be drawn into crude aggressive behaviour - and / or agree with you because that would make us both wrong.

OP Dom Ball remember.

Who a "complete 2w@t" - reading the rules of this site that language is frowned upon unless it's your user name?

Read the post again.

I asked how he was doing in football management.

I never asked how much he was earning from football, although I believe he does some pundit work on radio.

You have absolutely no idea what I earn or what he earns, have you?

You type you're own opinions and a few "facts" that you cherry pick & massage to suit you're agenda and expect everyone else to accept what you type, as if you are some sort of football guru.

What a sad person.

p.s. Dominic Ball has never won the Scottish Premiership title......FACT!!…..Stubbs failed at Rotherham...…FACT!!….…..then at St Mirren.....FACT!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast