+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T FAO Brin and Wendun

Glad you two had good day down memory lane. As for Wendun, were you in touch with him via the PMs on here? He hasn't posted on the MB since May 27th so either something serious must have come up or despite sounding sincere, he's proven that he really was a figment of his own imagination. Only he will be able to answer that one if/when he surfaces.

CAM, on discussing wenduns no show, I stated to sota that having offered up all of the information to meet etc and wanting to bring along his Brother and not showing, that it was indeed one of two things:

1. Something personal stopped him showing,

2. If he really is another multi then he's a cu**. I'd like to think it was point number 1 and trust all is well for him.

As for the day out, sota and myself covered some old grounds and it brought back loads of memories for us both. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Great that you two managed to make the day and puzzling that Wendun didn't.

I've had PM contact with him in the past and he was always responsive and seemed genuine. It does sound like something went wrong at his end but, even then, odd that he didn't at least leave you a message on here to say he couldn't make it. I believe he was coming over the Pennines to Rotherham to see family anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Great that you two managed to make the day and puzzling that Wendun didn't.

I've had PM contact with him in the past and he was always responsive and seemed genuine. It does sound like something went wrong at his end but, even then, odd that he didn't at least leave you a message on here to say he couldn't make it. I believe he was coming over the Pennines to Rotherham to see family anyway.
    Hi CT, yes very strange turn of events indeed. left us both asking the question if wendun actually exists but you appear to know him well.

I too was surprised that he could have left a PM but alas, nothing. Puzzling???

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hi CT, yes very strange turn of events indeed. left us both asking the question if wendun actually exists but you appear to know him well.

I too was surprised that he could have left a PM but alas, nothing. Puzzling???
    Don't know him personally, Brin, but we had some PM correspondence when I was looking for a long lost friend of my sister's last year and he did a bit of local sleuthing for me. (Actually, looking back at the messages, it was Wendun in his Monty_Rhodes guise at the time so I can't be 100% that it was the same person!)

It's interesting to read the original thread on how you were planning the get-together. Wendun made the early running to meet and suggested the 13th or 14th because he was originally planning to drive over from Lancashire on the 13th and staying at The Brecks. He'd suggested you meet on the 14th. You and Sota then started talking about perhaps the 13th instead. He did come back then and say he could also make the 13th. However he never mailed again after that while you and Sota were firming up times. While the absence of any pushback from him suggested he was OK with what was being arranged, there was never an actual message from him confirming he was OK with the arrangements...

Having said that, he should have let you know what he was doing and seems to have let you down...

Indeed my friend indeed but, there may be underlying reasons why as previously suggested

Did Easy and Early join the board about the time Wendun went missing?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Did Easy and Early join the board about the time Wendun went missing?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    No
    Maybe Monti Rhodes?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Maybe Monti Rhodes?
    He openly admitted that he was Monty and returned to being Wendun, can't remember if that was because he remembered the logon or because the ban on that account expired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast