+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Africans to return on Monday

South Africans to return on Monday

The South African consortium hoping to seal a takeover deal for Notts County are set to jet into the country on Monday.

Reports today stated the group's purchase of the club had been plunged into doubt after Charter HCP boss Terry Pritchard, who is fronting their bid, was urgently admitted to hospital.

But after analysing documents from the club's solictors, Gateleys, it is understood Pritchard's team will now meet investors in London on Monday as they continue to push ahead with plans for the National League club.

The group have been in talks with current owner Alan Hardy for several months and, according to reports, a price of £6m has been agreed for the Magpies, who have been up for sale since January.

The consortium have already discussed increasing manager Neal Ardley's budget and have identified a training ground site with Notts currently without a base having severed ties with local non-league side Basford United.

Fans are eager for the deal to be completed given the team is back for pre-season training on June 24 with significant work still to be completed on improving the squad.

The club told the High Court on Wednesday they expect a sale to happen in the next 28 days as they avoided being wound up over an unpaid tax bill of around £200,000.

HMRC had instigated proceedings back in February, but it emerged that another creditor had since supported their petition to have the club wound up, although their identity was not revealed in court

Where is this from?

Nottinghamshire Live

When you take into account one they are spending £6 million quid and two the challenges of meeting face to face regular then perhaps people might understand that this was always going to take time. I don’t think there’s anything wrong apart from Hardy as usual giving over optimistic timescales trying to please people.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Nottinghamshire Live
    Cheers, it seems Leigh Curtis is rather more enthusiastic than the other doom and gloom media at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Cheers, it seems Leigh Curtis is rather more enthusiastic than the other doom and gloom media at the moment
    but its fallen through!

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    but its fallen through!
    What proof do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    What proof do you have?
    My use of sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    What proof do you have?
    He doesn't need any. His monniker, iamITK, has been taken by some to mean " i am In The Know". He has provided no reason at all to allow us to believe he knows any more than you or I, Oldstripy, but some still believe he "Knows".

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    My use of sarcasm
    Don't be a pr@tt

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast