+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T - East Midlands Airport.

There is free parking for one hour at Long stay car park one, with regular free buses to and back from departures/arrivals

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If I was dropping them off on the hard shoulder of the M1 southbound and then expecting them to cross 8 lanes of motorway traffic, scramble over a field then cross four lanes of the A453 you might have a point about putting others in danger. The reality is that all they have to do is walk for an extra minute or two on the pavement.

That's why I'm calling you a drama queen.
    You could just drop them off where you're supposed to, unless the £2 for parking means you will have to go without the cider. Then you do have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You could just drop them off where you're supposed to, unless the £2 for parking means you will have to go without the cider. Then you do have a problem.
    I think I could scrape the £2 together but I hate being ripped off, so I never pay to sit together or buy any food or drink* on a Ryanair flight. I would rather take a sandwich and fill up a water bottle at the free water station after security. When my kids were young you used to be able to park free for an hour at EMA in the short stay car park near departures. We would sometimes take the kids upstairs for a look at the planes taking off and landing a few days before we flew which they loved.

* Here's a clever little tip for getting a cheap alcoholic drink on a flight, which I happened to see on a travel forum and have used a few times. Go to Poundland or Wilko and buy a five pack of 100ml bottles. Fill the bottles with your chosen spirit (vodka in my case) and put them through security in one of those clear plastic bags which is perfectly legal. When you get to the departure lounge, buy your choice of mixer (tonic for me) in WH Smith. Drink 100ml of the mixer and pour the vodka in the mixer bottle before boarding. You can then enjoy four measures of vodka and tonic during the flight for a fraction of the cost you would pay to have it served by the cabin crew. Officially you are not supposed to consume your own alcohol on a plane (here's where navypie thinks up a drama queen 'you're causing danger' theory), but as far as they are aware you are just drinking a bottle of tonic water, coke, sprite etc.

That Martin Lewis bloke is an amateur compared to me.

I think I could scrape the £2 together but I hate being ripped off, so I never pay to sit together or buy any food or drink* on a Ryanair flight. I would rather take a sandwich and fill up a water bottle at the free water station after security. When my kids were young you used to be able to park free for an hour at EMA in the short stay car park near departures. We would sometimes take the kids upstairs for a look at the planes taking off and landing a few days before we flew which they loved.

* Here's a clever little tip for getting a cheap alcoholic drink on a flight, which I happened to see on a travel forum and have used a few times. Go to Poundland or Wilko and buy a five pack of 100ml bottles. Fill the bottles with your chosen spirit (vodka in my case) and put them through security in one of those clear plastic bags which is perfectly legal. When you get to the departure lounge, buy your choice of mixer (tonic for me) in WH Smith. Drink 100ml of the mixer and pour the vodka in the mixer bottle before boarding. You can then enjoy four measures of vodka and tonic during the flight for a fraction of the cost you would pay to have it served by the cabin crew. Officially you are not supposed to consume your own alcohol on a plane (here's where navypie thinks up a drama queen 'you're causing danger' theory), but as far as they are aware you are just drinking a bottle of tonic water, coke, sprite etc.

That Martin Lewis bloke is an amateur compared to me.
    Wow, you could have dropped someone off safely at EMA in the time it took to write that.

We best end this spat Elite, someone is bound to post soon that do we realize Notts County are facing their biggest crisis ever.

We best end this spat Elite, someone is bound to post soon that do we realize Notts County are facing their biggest crisis ever.
    This has been a good thread started by my mate dam617, with some good info from various posters (mainly me).

I think I could scrape the £2 together but I hate being ripped off, so I never pay to sit together or buy any food or drink* on a Ryanair flight.
    That does it. Just how low can you get? You need to remove that Elite from your username, or at least, use a lower case "e".

Ruin Air indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    That does it. Just how low can you get? You need to remove that Elite from your username, or at least, use a lower case "e".

Ruin Air indeed.
    Things like avoiding Ryanair rip-off extras and not paying to park is what enabled me to join the Elite.

This has been a good thread started by my mate dam617, with some good info from various posters (mainly me).
    What is it with you and Forest fans! Fat boy is spot on, never flew from Robin Hood but have dropped and picked up family and friends. You just can't compare it to the nightmare that is EMA. I remember taking some friends to Luton a year or two ago. £3, 10 mins to drop off, not happy but no choice. Gets them out quickly and heads for the exit where there's a bottleneck and I can see drivers arguing with the intercom. By the time I got there , £13 comes up. Gets on the intercom and I'm told I've overstayed, no choice but to pay. Got absolutely nowhere when I made a complaint. Never told my friends. Yeah , everything including the journey home went smoothly.
    Last edited by navypie; 16-06-2019 at 03:44 PM.

What is it with you and Forest fans! Fat boy is spot on, never flew from Robin Hood but have dropped and picked up family and friends. You just can't compare it to the nightmare that is EMA. I remember taking some friends to Luton a year or two ago. £3, 10 mins to drop off, not happy but no choice. Gets them out quickly and heads for the exit where there's a bottleneck and I can see drivers arguing with the intercom. By the time I got there , £13 comes up. Gets on the intercom and I'm told I've overstayed, no choice but to pay. Got absolutely nowhere when I made a complaint. Never told my friends. Yeah , everything including the journey home went smoothly.
    You should have done what I do at Luton airport. Get your friends to stroll four miles to Junction 10 of the M1 and pick them up on the northbound sliproad. A nice scenic walk for them (Luton's a lovely place) and less petrol used by you, so it's win/win.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast