+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T - East Midlands Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm dropping family off there at 4am tomorrow. I always drop them off down the side road opposite the roundabout near departures on Viscount Road, it's only a two minute walk from there. When I collect, I wait around the UPS depot at the back of the BP petrol station and tell them to walk through to there, which takes about three minutes. I refuse to pay the robbing b@stards a penny in parking fees.
    So basically you are putting those who use or work at the airport in danger to save yersen a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So basically you are putting those who use or work at the airport in danger to save yersen a penny.
    Yes, it's a wonder me parking my car in a side road for a few minutes hasn't caused multiple fatalities.

As dam617 says, the double red lines are everywhere including down all the side roads. Because I was dropping people off at 4am there was no sign of any vans with cameras so I pulled into the yard at Alpha LSG as it was empty and avoided the two quid just in case there are fixed cameras. It's going to be very difficult to avoid charges in busy times though.

Yes, it's a wonder me parking my car in a side road for a few minutes hasn't caused multiple fatalities.

As dam617 says, the double red lines are everywhere including down all the side roads. Because I was dropping people off at 4am there was no sign of any vans with cameras so I pulled into the yard at Alpha LSG as it was empty and avoided the two quid just in case there are fixed cameras. It's going to be very difficult to avoid charges in busy times though.
    I spoke to someone who works at the airport. He told me how cars stopping at any time can block lorries and buses causing hold-ups.Also told me how dangerous it is for everyone when people appear from nowhere with kids, pushchairs, suitcases etc. Enjoy your £2.

I spoke to someone who works at the airport. He told me how cars stopping at any time can block lorries and buses causing hold-ups.Also told me how dangerous it is for everyone when people appear from nowhere with kids, pushchairs, suitcases etc. Enjoy your £2.
    When did you turn into a drama queen? I don't park anywhere that would obstruct buses and lorries, and it's an airport so you will always get kids, pushchairs, suitcases etc. I think those who I drop off are old enough to cross a road safely. I'll enjoy my £2 and spend it on three and a half pints of cider, and make sure I raise a glass to you for making me laugh.

I'm dropping family off there at 4am tomorrow. I always drop them off down the side road opposite the roundabout near departures on Viscount Road, it's only a two minute walk from there. When I collect, I wait around the UPS depot at the back of the BP petrol station and tell them to walk through to there, which takes about three minutes. I refuse to pay the robbing b@stards a penny in parking fees.
    I fuel up at BP using the HGV pumps every morning at threeish and I've seen someone in a van being 'done' as he was parked on one of them.
    If there's a flight due in or out the camera car will be there.
    I dropped some friends off a few weeks ago and stopped in the car wash. I suppose the only way to do it is keep your eyes open and be VERY quick.
    Don't think you can park on the petrol pumps either - if you have your boot/hatchback open you've had it - I've see that happen last week.

When did you turn into a drama queen? I don't park anywhere that would obstruct buses and lorries, and it's an airport so you will always get kids, pushchairs, suitcases etc. I think those who I drop off are old enough to cross a road safely. I'll enjoy my £2 and spend it on three and a half pints of cider, and make sure I raise a glass to you for making me laugh.
    The kids, pushchairs, etc are in areas they shouldn't be. You strike me as the sort of person who would cause an accident and drive off totally oblivious to the fact your actions caused it. Lucky we all don't drop off in areas we shouldn't, there would be mayhem. Btw, why not just lift the cider from the local shop.

You strike me as the sort of person who would cause an accident and drive off totally oblivious to the fact your actions caused it.
    Your drama queen lessons are clearly going very well.

Either that, or you've just copped a £100 fine at the airport!

Quote Originally Posted by stewb View Post
    It’s £2 for only a 5 minute drop off and £1 for every minute after!,
    No it’s not. Changed last week. Back to 10 min drop off

Your drama queen lessons are clearly going very well.

Either that, or you've just copped a £100 fine at the airport!
    Not me. EMA is a terrible airport to drop people off and the charges extortionate but, I always pay my way, happy or not. Oh, and "drama queen", maybe I just don't like my actions putting others in danger.

Not me. EMA is a terrible airport to drop people off and the charges extortionate but, I always pay my way, happy or not. Oh, and "drama queen", maybe I just don't like my actions putting others in danger.
    If I was dropping them off on the hard shoulder of the M1 southbound and then expecting them to cross 8 lanes of motorway traffic, scramble over a field then cross four lanes of the A453 you might have a point about putting others in danger. The reality is that all they have to do is walk for an extra minute or two on the pavement.

That's why I'm calling you a drama queen.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast