+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEP: Evidence places fresh scrutiny over true role of Alex May

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    One small piece of encouraging news from that is the council want nothing to do them.
    I hope Leigh Curtis has sent this info to the club and they stop any talks with these con artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    So we have learnt that Hardy lied about 'May' being just an advisor and that at last the council seem to be acting in our interests. It's a good job someone is.
    You can't be sure he has lied it's possible that is what Dobbs told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    You can't be sure he has lied it's possible that is what Dobbs told him.
    This looks like it's gone quite a long way down the road, with meetings between May and the City Council. To get the impression he was just an adviser is stretching it a bit.

In what was a lengthy and detailed briefing to the Council, May wrote how he and his team wanted to transform the club’s fortunes having claimed that he and members of the group had been historically successful elsewhere.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 12-06-2019 at 03:18 PM. Reason: took bit out after reading Mirror again

He's either lied or hasn't done sufficient due diligence on the people he's talking to. Either way it's a bad look.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I hope Leigh Curtis has sent this info to the club and they stop any talks with these con artists.
    Actually in all fairness and credit to him, it seems Leigh was the one who broke the story in the first place.

Hardy has known about this guys past for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    He's either lied or hasn't done sufficient due diligence on the people he's talking to. Either way it's a bad look.
    No commitments of any sort were made at the meeting and following due diligence, there are no plans for any further discussions with the individual concerned.

Someone has done due dilligence, it seems, and it wasn't Hardy. I wonder if someone at the council tipped the Mirror off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    No commitments of any sort were made at the meeting and following due diligence, there are no plans for any further discussions with the individual concerned.

Someone has done due dilligence, it seems, and it wasn't Hardy. I wonder if someone at the council tipped the Mirror off.
    That's a good shout I reckon. It's tricky to see how else this sort of information ends up in the press. Is this sort of meeting the kind of thing covered by freedom of information requests? (I wouldn't have thought so but don't know for sure)

So the council are now on record saying they won't work with these people, and while we don't know for sure I'd imagine Haydn Green's trustees are probably of the same opinion? It's hard to see how they can takeover when they're not gonna get their hands on the land (although of course the only thing that'll completely settle the uneasiness is if/when the club cease talks). For all our problems at the moment the set up over the ground does seem to be affording us some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Leigh Curtis has surfaced with this...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...rutiny-2969073

which includes...

"But while May was being described as an advisor at the weekend, on a document the Post has seen, he counted himself as a prospective joint owner along with Dodd.May also said he wanted to meet City Council leaders to possibly explore joint land development opportunities."
    and it was something along the lines of "Lawyer Colin Dodd, who is also part the consortium, told the Daily Mirror at the weekend that May had come clean about his past to everyone involved in the deal and was being used in an advisory capacity." that I thought I had previously read that led me to saying AH know of AK/AM's background and was proceeding regardless.

It always has been known as Alex Mays group that only changed once the Daily Mirror story broke.

Hardy is an arseh*le its obvious he dont give a sh*t about us ...oldest trick in the book change name of the owner so they pass fit and proper test.

Hope Hardy loses the lot got zero time for him he is weak as nats p*ss when we were doing well all over social media/press now he is hide & seek champion.

Leigh Curtis looks to me to have had some part in bringing May down and you can tell in his tweets he dont get on with AH.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast