+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NEP: Evidence places fresh scrutiny over true role of Alex May

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    oldest trick in the book change name of the owner so they pass fit and proper test.
    Has this been done elsewhere previously?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-06-2019 at 03:59 PM.

It happens in other business ventures so I would guess it does happen in football without doubt.

Its clear that is what this lot were going to do once May got exposed.

"Hardy is an arseh*le its obvious he dont give a sh*t about us ...oldest trick in the book change name of the owner so they pass fit and proper test.
    Hope Hardy loses the lot got zero time for him he is weak as nats p*ss when we were doing well all over social media/press now he is hide & seek champion."

Absolutely agree. Lose the lot and more, serve him right.

No mention of the South Africans? Or don’t they actually exist

Do you want us to be run by crooks?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Do you want us to be run by crooks?
    Was that to Hardy? He doesn't care who owns the club, he is chasing £££.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    That's a good shout I reckon. It's tricky to see how else this sort of information ends up in the press. Is this sort of meeting the kind of thing covered by freedom of information requests? (I wouldn't have thought so but don't know for sure)

So the council are now on record saying they won't work with these people, and while we don't know for sure I'd imagine Haydn Green's trustees are probably of the same opinion? It's hard to see how they can takeover when they're not gonna get their hands on the land (although of course the only thing that'll completely settle the uneasiness is if/when the club cease talks). For all our problems at the moment the set up over the ground does seem to be affording us some protection.
    So whilst we have learned nothing of the South Africans we have learned since the weekend the consortium led by Alex May (as it was previously referred to until the revelations in the press at the weekend) consists of a convicted fraudster who has met with the council and even had a PR company produce a statement they were that confident of taking over.

Thank goodness for the mirror article and thankfully the council appear to have acted in the clubs best interests by not continuing any further dealings with this group of people.

Let’s hope the Haydn Green Estate trustees have also given these people a wide berth if they have tried to meet them.

Also people may criticise Leigh Curtis but this article today sheds more light on what appears to have been happening.

The question I have is whether this May group have been the front runners all along and whether the South Africans have been used as a smoke screen, to distract attention from what was really been happening?

I still find it astonishing that the club (Alan Hardy) have still not confirmed since the revelations in the press and club statement at the weekend that they are ceasing any further dealings with these people. How much longer is this club going to be dragged through the gutter?

The alarm bells are ringing loudly.

Surely this statement is at best economical with the truth and an absolute barefaced lie at the worst; "“My team and I have successfully done so at Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Darlington and Lincoln, all going on to be promoted.” I highly doubt Alex May has been involved at any of these clubs and to suggest any of his team members (whoever they are) have contributed to the success of those clubs is exceedingly tenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Till_I_Die View Post
    Surely this statement is at best economical with the truth and an absolute barefaced lie at the worst; "“My team and I have successfully done so at Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Darlington and Lincoln, all going on to be promoted.” I highly doubt Alex May has been involved at any of these clubs and to suggest any of his team members (whoever they are) have contributed to the success of those clubs is exceedingly tenuous.
    Key is "all going on to be promoted". i.e. after we buggered it up by asset stripping them and we got back to business. Council at least saw it for what its worth. As for whether Hardy did well who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Till_I_Die View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. How, exactly, has May contributed to Lincoln's recent success? Bull**** of the highest order.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast