+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We can get better

We can get better

The phrase that's used a lot among our support.

So many players that we have let go or fans wanted out because we thought we cud get better.

Holt, Mcginn, Kane b4 he started banging in goals, the killie midfielder whose name escapes me, letheren, parish, McAllister.....Kerr was on the list but has been reprieved.

Sometimes better the devil you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The phrase that's used a lot among our support.

So many players that we have let go or fans wanted out because we thought we cud get better.

Holt, Mcginn, Kane b4 he started banging in goals, the killie midfielder whose name escapes me, letheren, parish, McAllister.....Kerr was on the list but has been reprieved.

Sometimes better the devil you know.
    Holt - hounded out.

The one aspect I like about Mcpake is he doesn't seem to have an ego at least I've never met him to say otherwise ,anyway some of the dross that has worn dark blue over the last 2 seasons has been nothing short of a disgrace and hopefully we'll never revisit again.

I just think Mcann thought he was a lot better than he was and J Mac was handing out contracts to anybody who had driven through Dingwall in the last decade ,so yes some of the players we let go would stroll into this team but we're all clever after it's happened...maybe some wanted to move on who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    The one aspect I like about Mcpake is he doesn't seem to have an ego at least I've never met him to say otherwise ,anyway some of the dross that has worn dark blue over the last 2 seasons has been nothing short of a disgrace and hopefully we'll never revisit again.

I just think Mcann thought he was a lot better than he was and J Mac was handing out contracts to anybody who had driven through Dingwall in the last decade ,so yes some of the players we let go would stroll into this team but we're all clever after it's happened...maybe some wanted to move on who knows...
    I just wish our support were more tolerant of honest hard working pros....yeah we have seen some mince but somehow even the ok ones get tarred with same brush.

Em delighted Cammy Kerr signed but also slightly surprised.

We need a hero or two at Dens but we also need the 6/10 most weeks type of player. Easier said than done I know.

Em more intolerant of managers than ****e players if em honest but wanna give Mcpake every chance to make things a bit better.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)