+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Many Faces Of The BBC

The Many Faces Of The BBC

Danny Baker gets the sack for removing a photo that may be offensive and apologises time and time again, yet the BBC sack him

Yet Jo Brand on Heresy (A BBC radio program) said why bother throwing milk shakes at unpleasant characters when you can throw Battery Acid

The BBC has stated that "the jokes made on Heresy are deliberately provocative as the title suggests" and added "they are not meant to be taken seriously".

The above comment's by them appears to be total nonsense, just like their organisation.

"why bother throwing milk shakes at unpleasant characters when you can throw Battery Acid".
    I agree with your comments Altobelli.
    If anyone came out with a comment such as that, let's say in public, in a bar or wherever, I am sure or should I say hope that they would be sent to where they belong.....solitary confinement.
    It's a very srange and uncomfortable world country that we live in now. Don't mention a persons obvious ethnicity, religion, skin colour etc., that is wrong....but throw acid at people is ok / funny.

So their statement obviously means Map, that on Heresy you can be abusive, be racist and violently throw acid in people's faces, but only on Heresy, absolute tosh, and probably written by a BBC media spokesperson who is on a Million £ a year

I'm surprised Brand hasn't had her collar felt, I thought hate speech like that was against the law.

And the program was not even live, it was pre-recorded which makes the BBC look even more incompetent .

I agree that it looks inconsistent.

Comedians and guests on satirical programs like "Have I got News for you?" seem to be given a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Danny Baker gets the sack for removing a photo that may be offensive and apologises time and time again, yet the BBC sack him

Yet Jo Brand on Heresy (A BBC radio program) said why bother throwing milk shakes at unpleasant characters when you can throw Battery Acid

The BBC has stated that "the jokes made on Heresy are deliberately provocative as the title suggests" and added "they are not meant to be taken seriously".

The above comment's by them appears to be total nonsense, just like their organisation.
    It’s disgraceful Alto they are so biased it’s embarrassing, if your going to have open joke - debate it should be allowed from all sides and all parties - Hislop and Merton on there is farcical.

I watched the footage of two guys off panorama stitching Tommy Robinson up, but he was one step ahead and filmed them undercover doing it is that what it’s come to in our great country fabricated and traps to get stories.
    I’m no TR fan by the way but it does make you wander what else is fabricated against the fella and Farage and numerous others.
    Everyone should boycott the BBC it’s like our politics out of line , out of touch , lies and deciet
    Losing faith in the whole thing , if I was a younger man I’d be gone

Stupid, ignorant, abhorrent comments like this are the root cause of the slaying of people like Jo Cox. Remember her, a young wife and mother just doing her job and gets herself gunned down by a radicalised whack job?

The BBC is a busted flush. It wants shutting down, the removal of free licences for the elderly is the final straw for me.

Jo Brand should be arrested and charged with inciting violent assault. No excuses, no nonsense, the Bobbies should already have knocked on her door. I don't ever agree with Farage, but on this one his outrage is merit worthy to say the very least.

Is the BBC biased and if so against whom? Depends where you are on the political spectrum. I suspect roughly equal numbers think it is biased in favour of the liberal left or the conservative right. Jo Brand’s comment about throwing acid was highly inflammatory and downright stupid. Quote from Shakespeare in Richard III “and given in earnest what I begged in jest”. Not a thing to joke about Jo. You might just plant that vile idea in someone’s head who would want to carry out such an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Is the BBC biased and if so against whom? Depends where you are on the political spectrum. I suspect roughly equal numbers think it is biased in favour of the liberal left or the conservative right. Jo Brand’s comment about throwing acid was highly inflammatory and downright stupid. Quote from Shakespeare in Richard III “and given in earnest what I begged in jest”. Not a thing to joke about Jo. You might just plant that vile idea in someone’s head who would want to carry out such an attack.
    100% in agreement with you on this one outwood, I also have a great admiration for people intelligent enough to quote Shakespeare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)