+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Lindsay bid rejected

Shock horror! Rotherham fail to sign player! Meanwhile, the club continue to use the 'patience is key' philosophy which worked wonders in January. Rotherham are now considering whether to up their bid by £1000 in a couple of weeks time. By which point someone will make a proper offer for the player and we can get the excuse book out again.

Holding out for £200,000 that's one of TS cars.

the question warne should be asking himself is this.

Does he have what it takes to be a first team championship player next year? if he does then get him signed. If he’s a potential future prospect then no don’t spend it on him we need it for first team players.

The Scottish Sun are reporting that the asking price is £250,000. His value is going up day by day!
    "facts" are being plucked from thin air.
    Have we even put in a bid?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    £150k is an over the top bid for me. If I had to put a price on him it would be less than half of that and only then if he was a last resort.
    How can you say that when you admit you've never seen him play? He could be a bargain for all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    How can you say that when you admit you've never seen him play? He could be a bargain for all you know.
    I have my own way of judging a player which I am not going to go in to but from the clips and read up and stats etc from clubs he has played for I think that he has not fulfilled his early promise and has indeed taken a step backwards not forwards and that is what I have based my thoughts on.

My record on players over the years has proved to be correct 99% of the time and all I will say is that if we do get him just remember who told you the £250,000 was way way to much for a player of his standard.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I have my own way of judging a player which I am not going to go in to but from the clips and read up and stats etc from clubs he has played for I think that he has not fulfilled his early promise and has indeed taken a step backwards not forwards and that is what I have based my thoughts on.

My record on players over the years has proved to be correct 99% of the time and all I will say is that if we do get him just remember who told you the £250,000 was way way to much for a player of his standard.
    I personally have no idea what he's worth as I've never seen him play and I'd never even heard of him until a couple of days ago so I'll leave it to the people who's job it is to know.

I wouldn’t worry about it anyway iv just heard from neighbour that in advertiser it says we have ended our interest

I seem to remember you saying that Semi,s value was £20m + and you didn't appear to be on a fishing trip.

Are you confident on realistic transfer fees

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I seem to remember you saying that Semi,s value was £20m + and you didn't appear to be on a fishing trip.

Are you confident on realistic transfer fees
    I said that if he continued to improve at the rate he had been and the price of players at his level that had gone to bigger clubs he could indeed be worth that amount of money.

I have also stated on the Semi thread that he could still reach the £15,000,000 price tag under the right circumstances.

I am also the person who was laughed at when I said Alfie could play at Premiership level. I was also the person who said that Smudge would do well here and be a top player for us. I also said Proctor was a class act when all around people were saying he was ****e. And to this day I still believe that had Pringle stayed with us he would also have gone on to play in the Premiership.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 15-06-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast