+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LC v Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Sporle has not signed, but is the only rumour that has grown some wings and is now on his way.

I hope by the end of the recruitment that we can safely turn around and say there is no doubt that the 2 summer windows are beyond comparison. That is arguably already true to an extent where 4 of the 5 players i expect to be removed are Shabba summer signings.

Fingers crossed the players turn up to work next week with 4-6 new faces to meet, that we all find out about by the end of that day. For me, Smith and Sporle completes the defence, a keeper(Fox?) would be good, 2 midfielders and a 20 goal striker(Shankland, yeah right!) would complete the team.
    Shanklands more likely to be in the opposition lineup on the 12th

Not overly worried we've not signed anyone yet but WE really DON'T have a good enough side for this level. We need at least 4 or 5 first team ready quality players to win this league and if it takes a bit longer to get them then I've no problem with that.

We seem to have more worldwide contacts nowadays so I'm expecting good quality. A goalscorer and a creative midfielder must be the priority imo then a LB, CM( Butcher is no better than ok so would be an ok back up) & a left winger(Robson an ok back up)

Not saying everything is rosy by the way but Neilson has steadily solved or improved some areas

For example we'd been poor at home when he came in, he won 10 of the 14 league matches at Tannadice

The defensive record overall was better, conceded 26 in his 28 league games that included the 5-0 horror at home to Ayr

We finished the season with the best defensive record on the road too and drastically improved on cleansheets

The team we had from feb onwards was from the start of the season would be right up there for automatic promotion, that's a good base to work from going forward this summer imo

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Are you saying they had a spirit and feelgood factor about them but we didn't??

No. If they had been on a downer with confidence drained then it would have been a less difficult tie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)