+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up on something you love

Giving up on something you love

I hope, I really do, that Notts don’t get into bed with this ‘May’ fella but I have a really bad feeling about this.

Then I started thinking what would I do if these shysters did take over the club and what I should do. I’ve been holding off on buying a season ticket to see how this pans out anyway but this is bigger stuff than that. I really can’t see myself buying the odd ticket I feel so strongly about what ‘May’ has done and those who’d wish to be associated with him and want to have no part in giving them any money.

What’s really weird is that I feel so detached from the club right now and it’s current antics that I don’t feel emotional in the same way as I would have, because if Notts were run by this level of lowlife then they wouldn’t be same club anymore anyway.

It’s hard to describe but is anyone feeling the same?

I would go to away matches (not the players' fault after all) but I certainly wouldn't set foot inside Meadow Lane or give the club any money if these people do takeover.

I totally agree its disgusting what he did in fact at the very least he should still be in prison.

The club wont get anything from me either if this lot get in I guess he wont care about that as he isnt interested in us as a club anyway.

Kenworthy has also served time as well who is part of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I totally agree its disgusting what he did in fact at the very least he should still be in prison.

The club wont get anything from me either if this lot get in I guess he wont care about that as he isnt interested in us as a club anyway.

Kenworthy has also served time as well who is part of the group.
    Look up the directors of Cygnet property or whatever it's called. Nazmu Virani I believe is or at least was part of the board of directors. He seems to have served time for a fraud through BCCI. I'm pretty sure the Virani name was used when describing the group in the post. It's just start to finish dodgy that whole group it seems

I’m assuming this from 1994 is the Virani family also involved, all crooks together https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...n-1433357.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    I’m assuming this from 1994 is the Virani family also involved, all crooks together https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...n-1433357.html
    That's the one, I'm sure Leigh Curtis mentioned that they were financed by someone with a name like Virani who is part of Cygnet

I wouldn’t give a penny to any wrong uns !

I would walk away if they took over

I agree with the above posts really. If it would be hard to support a regime led by a convicted fraudster, especially considering that he was outed in the media. If the deal went ahead in spite of that, I'd be disgusted to the point of boycotting.

I already feel like I'm losing touch with the club as it is. I live abroad now, but I have done for most of the last 10 years, and that never stopped me from feeling a part of the club. I ended up buying a season ticket for a local team where I live yesterday, as I can no longer watch Notts on iFollow. I spoke to my Dad as well - a lifetime Notts fan now in his 70s - and he hasn't renewed his season ticket due to the uncertainty. But more than that, he also said that he just feels totally fed up with it now.

When lifelong fans become apathetic, it's a very worrying sign indeed.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 13-06-2019 at 06:19 AM.

I think you will find there are a lot of us more mature supporters who feel like your dad

Quote Originally Posted by Braddpie View Post
    I think you will find there are a lot of us more mature supporters who feel like your dad
    Including me after nearly 50 years of watching Notts home and away in all weathers.

I felt really good about the club when we were 2 games away from a Wembley play off final 2 seasons ago.
    Even the appalling season just finished, the crowds remained pretty good home and away.

If a takeover does occur and it involves ANYBODY that has been in prison and/or guilty of horrendous crimes like May, I will not spend a penny piece on the club. I will not support these vermin, despite my love for Notts.

I have made many friends over the years all in the name of the Pies, family members who supported Notts, passed away etc.

Let's see how it unfolds.....that will determine if I will be at Harrogate, Barrow etc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast