+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Giving up on something you love

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    There's some seriously flawed logic there, of course Lee Hughes didn't plan to be in a road traffic accident.

The fraud, however, was meticulously planned, and quite clever in a way. Do you not think that might possibly suggest that they could be planning some similar money making scam at our expense? You would have to be very naive indeed not to consider that. Do you actually respond to those emails telling you you have inherited millions from someone's estate?
    Exactly. You can't compare the two. Lee Hughes made a mistake - he ****ed up, so to speak. If you'd asked him at the start of the night if he wanted or planned to run someone over, he'd have said 'no, of course not.'

May, on the other hand, knew exactly what he was doing - he knew the effect it would have on those people, and he knew it was wrong. But he did it anyway. Whatever his intentions in future endeavours, he'll always be the kind of person who did that. For that reason, he cannot be trusted, and he should not be associated with our club.

Unfortunately I purchased my season ticket in the mistaken belief that I was helping the club and the takeover appeared imminent. Couldn't have been more wrong. I do feel detached and very angry at the antics of the club and Hardy in particular, whom couldn't run a chip shop. So I agree with the poster's sentiment.

My dad was killed by a drunk driver, and I found Lee Hughes being at Notts very difficult. I stayed away at first, but my brothers eventually convinced me to go to matches. It wasn't easy, I never celebrated his goals and I was relieved when he left. But he'd served his time and I recognised he was doing his job.

This is a very different matter though. Lee Hughes wasn't an existential threat to the club.

I also asked for a refund, only to get an email from the club stating they are non transferable and non refundable and they understand the fans frustrations. They offered to send me a copy of the terms and conditions but I'm still waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by ALPIECINO View Post
    I also asked for a refund, only to get an email from the club stating they are non transferable and non refundable and they understand the fans frustrations. They offered to send me a copy of the terms and conditions but I'm still waiting..
    I wonder if we don't make a signing if you had recourse? You'd have bought the season ticket under the expectation of us fielding a competitive team? Might be worth looking into

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I wonder if we don't make a signing if you had recourse? You'd have bought the season ticket under the expectation of us fielding a competitive team? Might be worth looking into
    Well if that's the case, I'm gonna ask for my season ticket money back from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPIECINO View Post
    What grounds for refund did you give the club in the email? I can understand them not refunding on the grounds of the lack of takeover information but perhaps if you provided a non-football personal or work related reason they might reconsider. Perhaps you could say your shift pattern has changed and you're now working every Saturday for example?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-06-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Hope you guys paid on credit card.

Most S75 refund reasons are likely going to be applicable.....

“Company goes into administration – the company you purchased from has gone bust. Quality of item – the goods were not as described or were defective. Non-delivery – the goods were not received as promised.”

Another option is the lack of information, theoretically your consumer rights extend to the provision of information required to access the service. They have 7 days to respond to this or you are allowed a refund. So non supply of terms and conditions is possible.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 18-06-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    What grounds for refund did you give the club in the email? I can understand them not refunding on the grounds of the lack of takeover information but perhaps if you provided a non-football personal or work related reason they might reconsider. Perhaps you could say your shift pattern has changed and you're now working every Saturday for example?
    Unfortunately I was feeling particularly miffed when I contacted them and gave lack of anything positive coming out of this debacle.. Gave em both barrels, which I'm not proud of in hindsight. Its not the guys in the office who are acting the cnut..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast