+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Bilic on a 2 year deal in

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,072

    Bilic on a 2 year deal in

    Says the Perce of the telegraph
    Welcome to a proper manager

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,072

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,741
    Proper manager!

    Have you seen his record?

    The cheap unemployed option again. Never been a manager in the championship and much cheaper than Hughton.

    I wish him all the best, but I would have preferred some unknown to us like Norwich did with Farke if we could not get Hughton.

    At least that way they have an extensive knowledge of the European transfer market instead of the playing the foooking guitar in a rock band.

    To me it looks like he's ran out of cash after his last sacking and as taken the next payday that came.

    Is all well and good him being able to kick ar se but can he find good players and then motivate them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,072
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Proper manager!

    Have you seen his record?

    The cheap unemployed option again. Never been a manager in the championship and much cheaper than Hughton.

    I wish him all the best, but I would have preferred some unknown to us like Norwich did with Farke if we could not get Hughton.

    At least that way they have an extensive knowledge of the European transfer market instead of the playing the foooking guitar in a rock band.

    To me it looks like he's ran out of cash after his last sacking and as taken the next payday that came.

    Is all well and good him being able to kick ar se but can he find good players and then motivate them.

    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/june...as-head-coach/
    Official confirmation,after the last lot of appointments from AFI anyone's an improvement BB in my book

  5. #5
    Interesting appointment, hopefully we’ll get to see some good stuff, I wish him all the best. I think that I would have preferred Adkins or Pearson but this looks, on paper at least, a good choice. We will see.........

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,033
    This could be “sugar or s h y t e” as my dear old dad used to say.

    I think he’s a compelling character who players will be enthusiastic to sign for and play for.

    Much as it irks me to say we don’t have a reputation for being a progressive and exciting club in terms of our profile and I think this type of appointment helps in that regard.

    I see that today we’ve been linked with young Reece Oxford from West Ham so hopefully our new manager is hitting the ground running.

    Maybe it’ll encourage certain important players to stay for one more season?

    I have to admit I like Bilic and I wish him all the luck in the world because working for our board he’ll need it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,072
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Interesting appointment, hopefully we’ll get to see some good stuff, I wish him all the best. I think that I would have preferred Adkins or Pearson but this looks, on paper at least, a good choice. We will see.........
    Whoever got the gig needed to be backed.the acid test starts now

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,692
    Good news, looking forward to the new season COYB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,279
    There is always an element of doubt in any appointment but I do feel that this is as good as we could have hoped for considering how we have made previous appointments. I have been critical of Albion's approach in the past but hopefully their 'long windedness' this time will pay dividends. I'm not sure what finances Lai will be forthcoming with, if any, but we must get behind Bilic and whoever represents us on the field of play if we are to have a successful 2019-20 season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Says the Perce of the telegraph
    Welcome to a proper manager
    Absolutely right 53. Welcome to the club, you have a tough job on your hands but I am sure you are up to it providing you get the right support from the CEO and DoF.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,371
    Any idea what these "short term and long term projects" he's on about ?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    503
    Fantastic appointment the best we could do lucky to get him well done the board credit where credits due, now give him your backing and help him get us back where we belong.

  13. #13
    Second coming of AFI, disastrous appointment, sacked before Xmas, his record of signings is very poor ( just ask the West Ham fans), a combination of Dowling and Bilic, mind numbing. Once again a cheap option, panicking to try and get up before the parachute money runs out, this was the chance to appoint a young up and coming coach with new ideas, building a team for the future, no doubt with this this eccentric buffoon in charge the great Andy Carroll will be the first through the door.
    Bilic you can just begger off before you start.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Proper manager!

    Have you seen his record?

    The cheap unemployed option again. Never been a manager in the championship and much cheaper than Hughton.

    I wish him all the best, but I would have preferred some unknown to us like Norwich did with Farke if we could not get Hughton.

    At least that way they have an extensive knowledge of the European transfer market instead of the playing the foooking guitar in a rock band.

    To me it looks like he's ran out of cash after his last sacking and as taken the next payday that came.

    Is all well and good him being able to kick ar se but can he find good players and then motivate them.
    Cheap option would have been Shan right?

    Got a great record with Croatia. Finished top of a group at the Euro's that included Germany. Knocked out in the 1/4's on pens.

    Finished with 62 points with West Ham one season...

    I think its about as good as an appointment as we could have made. Let's give him until Xmas and see..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Second coming of AFI, disastrous appointment, sacked before Xmas, his record of signings is very poor ( just ask the West Ham fans), a combination of Dowling and Bilic, mind numbing. Once again a cheap option, panicking to try and get up before the parachute money runs out, this was the chance to appoint a young up and coming coach with new ideas, building a team for the future, no doubt with this this eccentric buffoon in charge the great Andy Carroll will be the first through the door.
    Bilic you can just begger off before you start.
    Your talking out of your a_se up and coming coach who would that be Shan _cowling utter twaddle go support someone else because you don't know what your talking about

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,488
    Happy with the appointment we needed an experienced manager with all the changes we are going to make to the squad, also seems to have the desire to get back to the Premier league, let's hope he is given the backing to build a squad that can challenge.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Any idea what these "short term and long term projects" he's on about ?
    Short term....get promoted the season coming.
    Long term.....Stay promoted.
    I could be wrong SCOOP...it is a football question you ask....so maybe wait for one of the experts to come along...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,591
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Any idea what these "short term and long term projects" he's on about ?
    Short term...... buy cigarettes (from duty free if Jenkins is paying).

    Long term....... smoke cigarettes.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,158
    Thought he was a bit Keeganesque at West Ham.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,240
    I doubt Slaven was the cheapest option.

    Whether it will work is another matter, a matter which, time only will provide an answer.

    One thing of note is, our present owner does not give Managers/Head Coaches much time to make an impact. Success generally comes over a period of time. Bilic will need time and funding, patience will be required, patience by all.

    My one concern is, if Slaven Bilic has the club in fourth place by March 2020, has he failed? And therefore, be on his way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •