+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More debt announced

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Just to play Devil's Advocate and calm down for a moment, do we even know that these apparent debts to Crawley and Wycombe have not already been included in the known debts and disclosed to potential purchasers? The Matt Davies story doesn't appear to specify that they are 'newly discovered', undisclosed' or even confirmed debts after all.

"Notts County are understood to owe money to both Crawley Town and Wycombe Wanderers"

"The Magpies are believed to still be in debt to Crawley over the compensation package agreed when they appointed Harry Kewell, who signed a three-year deal but was sacked 10 weeks later in November.

His replacement, Neal Ardley, signed veteran striker Mackail-Smith on loan until the end of the season, but Wycombe are understood to still be waiting for cash related to that deal."
    The debts were presumably documented and hopefully no surprise to anyone doing Due Diligence. It is the mere fact that the club/AH were carrying out these activities with the clear likelihood that they were unable/unwilling to pay unless there is/was a timeframe agreed at the time, and even then, pure gambling. This was last Aug/Sep and if the finances were in such a state then why the hell were further commitments being made?

It's alright to speculate to accumulate but firstly you need the spondulas to do that. Irresponsible and desperate are the words that spring to mind if putting a kind twist to it.

I wonder what price was agreed for Kewell and did we pay compensation to Luton too for Hart?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I wonder what price was agreed for Kewell and did we pay compensation to Luton too for Hart?
    We payed £100,000 for Kewell according to Crawley's accounts

So Kewell cost us roughly £13k a week then.

Just shows what a moron Hardy is basically put the club at risk for gloating purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

Just shows what a moron Hardy is basically put the club at risk for gloating purposes.
    If the £100k figure is correct, apparently it was from a fan forum/AGM so I'm assuming it is somewhat accurate

The penny has finally dropped with some people I see.....

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    The penny has finally dropped with some people I see.....
    I have been wise to him for a while mate.

I am no businessman but surely if you get £100 in you dont spend more than £100 for example as if you arent very good you will lose out that is the simple way of saying it.

Also I am with you on youth player comments I get angry when we dont give them a chance but spend money on deadbeats who have had 10 clubs in 10 years like Enoch.

Hopefully he is gone soon and we still have a club.

We could soon sort the Crawley Debt, Give em Enzio ....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We could soon sort the Crawley Debt, Give em Enzio ....
    Durham even Crawley ain't that Stupid.

I have been wise to him for a while mate.

I am no businessman but surely if you get £100 in you dont spend more than £100 for example as if you arent very good you will lose out that is the simple way of saying it.

Also I am with you on youth player comments I get angry when we dont give them a chance but spend money on deadbeats who have had 10 clubs in 10 years like Enoch.

Hopefully he is gone soon and we still have a club.
    I wasn't having a go at you legs. Just reminding all the mugs that slagged me off (which I find amusing) when they couldn't see what was going to happen, believing Hardy was a saviour when he's just an arrogant idiot. It was so obvious and yes there have been decent youth players never given a chance, decent young professionals never given a fair chance, young players sold for peanuts and a load of dead beat journeymen signed which have taken us into non league and the edge of extinction.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast