+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: AFC Notts County - would you bother?

I would have no problem going to the very bottom if we went that way by being relegated all the time i’m not saying I have a cut off point league status wise.

For me it does matter if it’s the same club otherwise I might as well go and watch Basford United or Alfreton with the same passion it wouldn’t be there for me.

Others would think very differently to me that is their choice but I would walk away from it and would find something else to do instead.

Think we're talking about the nightmare scenario here. Still hopeful it won't come to that.

Support a AFC Notts County? I don't think so

It's a no from me. Thanks for the memories and all that.....
    Not sure I could be bothered trying to fire myself up to support a totally new club. Why should I?
    I'm hoping it doesn't come to this though.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So if the worst-case scenario happens and we disappear, would you support whatever club rises from the ashes, if there were to be one?

I never thought I'd actually have to consider this, so I'm still not sure what I would do. As I live abroad, I'd probably just put all my energy into my local team. But if I lived in Nottingham, who knows. Everyone needs a team to support, and I'd rather watch live football at a low level than Premier League football on TV.

Bloody hell though. What an unbelievable time to be a Notts fan.
    why not ! x i'd give it a good go....

You won't go under. Too big and important for it happen.

I'm moving to Berry Hill soon so I'd probably go to watch the stags...................................... ..............................nah

In the very inlikely event, Id probably get back into watching motorcycle racing again. Some cracking days out watching clubmans racing at Donno, Cadwell, Mallory etc. At the lower level of the sport you can get right behind the scenes in the paddock. Some honest working guys doing what they love on a shoestring budget. Thats all in the summer obviously. Not sure what Id do in the winter. Though Ive always wanted to make an origami bird. Might dabble in that. 🤔🤔

Even thinking about it shows the size of achievement AFC Wimbledon have pulled off. Massive respect to them. Also if you think about clubs like Aldershot, Newport and Accrington who have reformed. As many have said above, the club really is the fans. If the unthinkable happens and Notts get wound up, its a long way back. AFC Notts County probably wouldn't have much support at first, but if they could do an AFC Wimbledon they would get lots of support.

I'd definately give it a go, but hope it never comes to that. As to the history, well history is important, but the present and the future are more important. Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool weren't founder members of the football league, do their fans care?

I admire the resolution of fans who would go to the effort and bother of setting up AFC Notts County were the worst to happen. I have to confess, though, that I do not share it. As far as I'd be concerned, the Notts I know would be finished. The new 'Notts' wouldn't be the same club and wouldn't play at Meadow Lane, while I'd also struggle to get to wherever they did end up playing. Furthermore, I'm just not that interested in watching local non-league football in a non-national league.

Each to their own of course but I would direct the attention and money I give to Notts to other sports and interests.
    Last edited by SlockyNCFC; 14-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast