+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Notts County - would you bother?

AFC Notts County - would you bother?

So if the worst-case scenario happens and we disappear, would you support whatever club rises from the ashes, if there were to be one?

I never thought I'd actually have to consider this, so I'm still not sure what I would do. As I live abroad, I'd probably just put all my energy into my local team. But if I lived in Nottingham, who knows. Everyone needs a team to support, and I'd rather watch live football at a low level than Premier League football on TV.

Bloody hell though. What an unbelievable time to be a Notts fan.

nope

i'd just call it a day, football has been ruined by money its not even that much fun any more and if Notts go under it'll just be like putting down an old dog for its own good,i'll remember the good times but not get a new puppy to try and replace it.

No

No. I'd go and watch my local side (Grantham) when I needed my football fix.

Obviously it might change if the worst does happen, but I don't think I'd feel any connection to AFC Notts County

Would i support them Yes
    Would i go and watch probably not

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So if the worst-case scenario happens and we disappear, would you support whatever club rises from the ashes, if there were to be one?

I never thought I'd actually have to consider this, so I'm still not sure what I would do. As I live abroad, I'd probably just put all my energy into my local team. But if I lived in Nottingham, who knows. Everyone needs a team to support, and I'd rather watch live football at a low level than Premier League football on TV.

Bloody hell though. What an unbelievable time to be a Notts fan.
    No. I would have no connection to such a club. Even if I did feel a connection, if its fans running it I wouldn't bother - seen the mess made at Notts by The Trust (amazing how many owners claiming to have saved the club have ended up screwing it up totally). I also don't think there is a big enough fan base to make something like that work.

probably not

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    probably not
    Me as well. Prob not.

Quote Originally Posted by shoot_five View Post
    No. I'd go and watch my local side (Grantham) when I needed my football fix.

Obviously it might change if the worst does happen, but I don't think I'd feel any connection to AFC Notts County
    I think I'd be joining you at Grantham were this ever to occur.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast