+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jo Brand acid attack joke acceptable or not?

She makes a living by being deliberately controversial but on this occasion she has overstepped the mark
    Shocking comment
    She did not stop for one moment to consider the effects of her ill advised remarks
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 13-06-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    OMG Political bias - No - the BBC are right wing - remain - tory - PRO Boris - anti-labour - that's the BBC. and they are bias and leaning to the right 90% of the time.
    They're not pro Boris, they want Stewart as leader because he's a neoliberal like them.

The BBC is soft left/ neoliberal/ globalist, Corbyn is too far-left for them but they're not right-wing.

Pretty much every programme they make is left-wing/ PC.

I watched that Good Omens show recently, God was a woman, Adam and Eve were black, this was in the first 5 minutes.

As Ally Ross said recently, the BBC drama department is just one big diversity workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Up to date figures aren’t easy to find but according to the Met Police in the first 5 months of 2018 there were 104 acid attacks in London.

If I never see Jo Brand again on tv it would be too soon.
    Never been funny anyway.

Her most famous "joke" was "the quickest way to a man's heart is through his hanky pocket with a breadknife", a very similar joke and another that would be condemned by her ilk if the target of the joke was different.
    Last edited by great_fire; 13-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.

I don't think this joke was acceptable and shouldn't have been broadcast.

Nigel Farage: If Brexit isn't delivered by Therea May I will “don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines”

Acceptable or not?

(I think I missed the equivalent 'outraged' thread when Farage said this)
    Last edited by ragingpup; 13-06-2019 at 03:58 PM.

The 'MET' are looking into the matter. Quite right !

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Never been funny anyway.

Her most famous "joke" was "the quickest way to a man's heart is through his hanky pocket with a breadknife", a very similar joke and another that would be condemned by her ilk if the target of the joke was different.
    She's certainly a bit hard to take. She's massively critical of mysogeny - quite rightly, but seems to believe that male-hating humour is ok. I suppose she sees it as females "getting their own back" . I find it extremely nasty stuff.

Speaking of possible bias: This caused a similar outcry in the press a few weeks ago but I don't remember a thread on here about it (perhaps I'm wrong)

"A victims' campaigner has written to the BBC to express concern about an IRA joke made by Frankie Boyle.

On his BBC Two programme last week, the Scot said it might be a relief for Theresa May to resign after having spent a weekend at Chequers with leading Tory Brexiteers. "Where the f*** are the IRA when you need them?" he asked."

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They're not pro Boris, they want Stewart as leader because he's a neoliberal like them.

The BBC is soft left/ neoliberal/ globalist, Corbyn is too far-left for them but they're not right-wing.

Pretty much every programme they make is left-wing/ PC.

I watched that Good Omens show recently, God was a woman, Adam and Eve were black, this was in the first 5 minutes.

As Ally Ross said recently, the BBC drama department is just one big diversity workshop.

Written by Terry Pratchett not known for his reverence is he?

Geneologically speaking the first "humans" originated from Africa & were in fact black & as for God being a woman, who knows ?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 13-06-2019 at 04:26 PM.

A man wouldn't be so bloody vindictive !

Very poor from Brand and the BEEB, some people should know better but I dont think shes one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Written by Terry Pratchett not known for his reverence is he?

Geneologically speaking the first "humans" originated from Africa & were in fact black & as for God being a woman, who knows ?
    The show is based on creationism and the Garden of Eden was in the Middle East near what is now Iraq.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast