+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jo Brand acid attack joke acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    She's certainly a bit hard to take. She's massively critical of mysogeny - quite rightly, but seems to believe that male-hating humour is ok. I suppose she sees it as females "getting their own back" . I find it extremely nasty stuff.

Speaking of possible bias: This caused a similar outcry in the press a few weeks ago but I don't remember a thread on here about it (perhaps I'm wrong)

"A victims' campaigner has written to the BBC to express concern about an IRA joke made by Frankie Boyle.

On his BBC Two programme last week, the Scot said it might be a relief for Theresa May to resign after having spent a weekend at Chequers with leading Tory Brexiteers. "Where the f*** are the IRA when you need them?" he asked."
    The nasty side of the left has been all to evident since the Brexit vote.

What a load of hypersensitive drama queens we have on here.

Can't believe that something that was so obviously a joke has caused such fuss.

They will be arresting parents next for telling their kids "there will be murder when I get home".

Absolutely pathetic.

Oh before anyone comments "yeah what if someone did go out and throw battery acid on Farage?"

Well guess what, it still wouldn't have anything at all to do with Jo Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    What a load of hypersensitive drama queens we have on here.

Can't believe that something that was so obviously a joke has caused such fuss.

They will be arresting parents next for telling their kids "there will be murder when I get home".

Absolutely pathetic.

Oh before anyone comments "yeah what if someone did go out and throw battery acid on Farage?"

Well guess what, it still wouldn't have anything at all to do with Jo Brand.

"Can't believe that something that was so obviously a joke has caused such fuss"

On that we agree, but the yardstick of what isn't acceptable has been previously set.

Brand has stepped over that mark, so for consistency she has to be taken to task.

Witch hunts are witch hunts, there's no choosing or ignoring when it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    "Can't believe that something that was so obviously a joke has caused such fuss"

On that we agree, but the yardstick of what isn't acceptable has been previously set.

Brand has stepped over that mark, so for consistency she has to be taken to task.

Witch hunts are witch hunts, there's no choosing or ignoring when it suits.
    What is the yardstick? Who set it? When was it set?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    What is the yardstick? Who set it? When was it set?
    Danny Baker and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Pretty much every programme they make is left-wing/ PC.

I watched that Good Omens show recently, God was a woman, Adam and Eve were black, this was in the first 5 minutes.

As Ally Ross said recently, the BBC drama department is just one big diversity workshop.
    Good spot. We need to get away from this PC version of this mythical story and get back to the historically accurate version - where god is a white haired white skinned male and Jesus is a similarly white skinned bloke who looks like Kris Kristoffersen . You never see the beeb showing that version of the story do you?

Don’t mention Dr Who

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    What are your thoughts?

I personally think that it was not acceptable. You can joke about many things but when the joke can be seen as condoning vile and violent actions against another human being that you hate, then I think it has gone to far.

I dont think she would find it funny if someone who hated her decided to do it to her. People who live in glass houses etc.
    Always had the belief to take a joke for what it is, a joke. A lot of comedians really go near to the knuckle because people find this humour funny, they don't mean what they are saying. Frankie Boyle is a classic example, his humour can be vile but it's what it is, humour. Not for everyone maybe and understandably so.

Jo Brand, should she be sacked/prosecuted? no way and neither should have Danny Baker for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Good spot. We need to get away from this PC version of this mythical story and get back to the historically accurate version - where god is a white haired white skinned male and Jesus is a similarly white skinned bloke who looks like Kris Kristoffersen . You never see the beeb showing that version of the story do you?
    Robert Powell
    Jesus of Nazareth

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Always had the belief to take a joke for what it is, a joke. A lot of comedians really go near to the knuckle because people find this humour funny, they don't mean what they are saying. Frankie Boyle is a classic example, his humour can be vile but it's what it is, humour. Not for everyone maybe and understandably so.

Jo Brand, should she be sacked/prosecuted? no way and neither should have Danny Baker for that matter.
    I agree but the precedent has been set.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast