+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jo Brand acid attack joke acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    She's meant to be a comedian but she's not funny so yeah, she should be sacked!!!
    By who ??????

The very worrying aspect of all this is that, this programme was a recording, not a live show.The BBC programme producer, endorsed the disgraceful "joke" made by her and they could have editted that and taken it out.They decided not to,so they should also be sacked.They have been reported as saying that "joke" has now been removed for future rewinds of the show.I hope the Met do the right thing and take action against this hateful crime.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Do you know the difference between a metaphor and a joke?
    In the eye of the beholder I guess

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The very worrying aspect of all this is that, this programme was a recording, not a live show.The BBC programme producer, endorsed the disgraceful "joke" made by her and they could have editted that and taken it out.They decided not to,so they should also be sacked.They have been reported as saying that "joke" has now been removed for future rewinds of the show.I hope the Met do the right thing and take action against this hateful crime.
    Inadvisable as the 'joke' was I think to go straight to "hate crime" on this poor joke and not acknowledge the thousands of UK citizens who actually do suffer from verbal and physical race/religious hate crime in the UK with the same amount of angst is frankly lamentable.

"The very worrying aspect of all this is that, this programme was a recording"

That's a whole new ball game....that's horrendous!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "The very worrying aspect of all this is that, this programme was a recording"

That's a whole new ball game....that's horrendous!
    They’ve taken the ball home with them, the BBC have edited out the “joke” from the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    By who ??????
    Whoever pays her wages!!!

Worcester acid attack: father guilty over attack on his son, 3, inside Home Bargains store.

Who in their right mind would make fun of such a vile crime as throwing acid. Disgusting.

Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  50.8 KB
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 14-06-2019 at 01:17 AM.

During the radio show, the comedian was asked about the “terrible” state of British politics.

She replied: “Well, yes I would say that but I think that’s because certain unpleasant characters are being thrown to the fore and they’re very, very easy to hate and I’m kind of thinking: ‘Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?’”

As the studio audience laughed, the 61-year-old added: “That’s just me. I’m not going to do it, it’s purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do, sorry.”

The bit at the end is the worst part, it's as if she is saying if you are going to throw something at someone make it something that can do genuine harm to them or dont bother at all..
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 14-06-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Wasn't the term snowflake originally aimed at left wingers??����
    I find this astonishing to be honest, a joke is a joke, and the particular programme it was aired on is specifically designed for comics to go close to the bone, this joke maybe harsh, but it is exactly that.
    Where would you draw the line though? Jokes about throwing acid in Corbyn's face, jokes about Grenfell or about The Holocaust? At what point do you say 'that's enough'?

Where do you stand on the Danny Baker sacking?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast