+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Jo Brand acid attack joke acceptable or not?

O/T Jo Brand acid attack joke acceptable or not?

What are your thoughts?

I personally think that it was not acceptable. You can joke about many things but when the joke can be seen as condoning vile and violent actions against another human being that you hate, then I think it has gone to far.

I dont think she would find it funny if someone who hated her decided to do it to her. People who live in glass houses etc.

For me it’s not the joke but the hypocrisy

Danny Baker gets sack for a racist joke
    They go mad on news about that UKIP member who mad that sick rape joke
    Yet joe brand makes a joke on physical violence and in my opinion she’s promoting the idea of acid attacks yet she still has a job.

Honestly I think if this was a joke aimed at attacks on Muslims, women or the black community she would be sacked faster than She could walk through the door.

She should be arrested under existing hate laws. I've just listened to it and the comment was targeted and within a sentence stating she "hates" these guys.

Freedom of speech ok but that was way way out of order.

A knock on the door by plod and a hefty fine - particularly due to her position within national media.

Unforgivable !

No doubt she will soon appear on Have I Got News For You, Question Time and The Graham Norton Show

But she’s a luvvy so will be immune from any action

Got to admit to being conflicted. On the one hand, I'm all for free speech, but given recent history and the horrific consequences of someone actually following through on this, I think the joke was ill-advised at best. As distasteful as the Danny Baker cartoon was (and I really don't think he meant it that way) there were no such consequences to consider. That he should be sacked by the BBC and Brand supported, is indeed hypocritical and perhaps guided by political bias.

Let's face it, if the "joke" was about a left-wing politician, Jo Brand, the Guardian, the BBC, Channel 4, Twitter, they'd all be up in arms.

Left, Right, Centre - couldn't give a 5hit either way - bang up anyone who promotes/encourages/facilitates/engages in violence

OMG Political bias - No - the BBC are right wing - remain - tory - PRO Boris - anti-labour - that's the BBC. and they are bias and leaning to the right 90% of the time.

This one event does not constitute "political bias".

As I've said above the joke is indefensible. An ad-lib joke I hope - but indefensible non the less. Plod case for sure.

The word perfect ladies who chat to politicians have recently been "accidentally" making grammatical mistakes - but this concerns the tory leadership. The self indulgent BBC are taking sides in the leadership battle as can be plainly seen. The Jeremy (****)...oh sorry Hunt was hilarious except she accused ALL MEN of using that word. She never has UNTIL NOW...LOL

PS : It was targeted at Farage and both left and right are crapping themselves - so no indignation from either.....he's not a good fit in parliamentary terms...they don't want or like the guy.....and that's his one likeable feature lol

Up to date figures aren’t easy to find but according to the Met Police in the first 5 months of 2018 there were 104 acid attacks in London.

If I never see Jo Brand again on tv it would be too soon.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast