+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Jo Brand acid attack joke acceptable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Lol.
    That was the police's response also. They aren't taking any further action.

Add Baddiel and Coryn-Mitchell to the apologists list.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The very worrying aspect of all this is that, this programme was a recording, not a live show.The BBC programme producer, endorsed the disgraceful "joke" made by her and they could have editted that and taken it out.They decided not to,so they should also be sacked.They have been reported as saying that "joke" has now been removed for future rewinds of the show.I hope the Met do the right thing and take action against this hateful crime.
    MB, the Met have decided no further action will be taken so that puts a closure on all of this.

It's interesting that with so much outrage on this thread to the extent of wanting police involvement, no one on here has engaged with the reality that Farage promoted the use of guns (if we're determined to take words literally a la Brand) if his Brexit was denied. Apart from one poster that seems to have suggested, with rather tortured logic, that it was a metaphor. So words inciting violence that are phrased into a metaphor are acceptable, but words formed into jokes aren't?

(a more grown up response is that neither Farage nor Brand intend in any way to shoot/throw acid at opponents at their 'opponents' and that neither deserve the shrieks of outrage on here. But only one of them is getting the shrieks of outrage, the other is conveniently ignored)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Jo Brand grassed up Carol Thatcher to her boss after she compared a tennis player to a golliwog in the green room on The One Show.

If you hand it out then expect to get it back.
    I thought Adrian Chiles was the main instigator in reporting Carol Thatcher for the "golliwog" remark. That said, I don't recall Jo Brand sticking up for her and telling everyone it was a joke.

I'm slightly torn on the matter; the BBC would have gone for the jugular if any right leaning comedian had talked about throwing acid at a left wing politician, however I don't like the idea of censorship too.

The BBC editors have, by allowing the comments to air, said it's open season. I expect some jokes about shooting left wing politicians pretty soon. 🤔

Can I just say that anyone backing this up as a joke or using the free speech argument for her right to say it I hope you burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Can I just say that anyone backing this up as a joke or using the free speech argument for her right to say it I hope you burn in hell.
    Do get what you're saying but thanks to it being aired it's allowed many people to work out that Jo Brand is a poisonous c&&t. Every cloud and all that.

Calm down pal.
    I have lost my temper on here at times and it’s not worth it.
    I can tell from your responses that you feel strongly opposed to some views on here which is fair enough.
    Don’t get too wound up mate I’ve done it myself.
    UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That was the police's response also. They aren't taking any further action.

Add Baddiel and Coryn-Mitchell to the apologists list.
    Its a massive overreaction.

Inciting god to boot me out of heaven and the devil to commit mass murder. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Inciting god to boot me out of heaven and the devil to commit mass murder. Shameful.
    Not mass murder. Just eternal damnation! 😁

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast