+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does she think that's funny?

Does she think that's funny?

Jo Brand's comment after Nigel Farage had a milkshake thrown over him. 'I'm thinking why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?' That's humour! I never found her funny in the first place but as far as I'm concerned that's way out of order and a disgusting remark. Surely the police should take action as that is incitement to violence. Of course a BBC spokesman backed her but what would expect from a left wing organisation!

Coming from someone who’s had to go through life looking as hideous as her!

If that was Farage or Boris making the same comment about Brand all the Left Wing fanatics would be screaming for legal action.

Farage should take legal action but I guess he won’t because he’s not a f king wet lettuce unlike people like Bland.

Yes....I know I spelt it wrong.

She didn't mention Farage.
    The programme was recorded, the BBC didn't feel the need to edit it out.
    It wasn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Coming from someone who’s had to go through life looking as hideous as her!

If that was Farage or Boris making the same comment about Brand all the Left Wing fanatics would be screaming for legal action.

Farage should take legal action but I guess he won’t because he’s not a f king wet lettuce unlike people like Bland.

Yes....I know I spelt it wrong.
    Don't agree with what she said. But you can't have it both ways..

I struggle to have any sympathy with a bloke who said he would pick up a rifle if Brexit wasn't delivered, isn't that inciting violence?

Or who smeared Jo Cox's widower after her murder. Or who has poisoned and divided our country as much as he has leading to people shouting 'betrayal' and 'traitors' at others.

That's before you get onto his workshy record as an MEP.

There is only one dangerous person out of Jo Brand and Nigel Farage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Jo Brand's comment after Nigel Farage had a milkshake thrown over him. 'I'm thinking why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?' That's humour! I never found her funny in the first place but as far as I'm concerned that's way out of order and a disgusting remark. Surely the police should take action as that is incitement to violence. Of course a BBC spokesman backed her but what would expect from a left wing organisation!
    Oh holy crap, what a foo kin snowflake society we live in. These right wing muppets cannot take a joke. Those complaining really need to take a hard look at themselves. I’m sorry if you all feel offended this joke.

"Bland" - I agree with you Regis but when Danny Baker got fired for his tweet within a day and no comment from the beeb (or her) as yet on her lack of sensitivity towards the victims of acid attacks it's double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    "Bland" - I agree with you Regis but when Danny Baker got fired for his tweet within a day and no comment from the beeb (or her) as yet on her lack of sensitivity towards the victims of acid attacks it's double standards.
    That is true, the least she could do is apologize immediately. With how divisive the country is and how politics is firing people up, someone would actually throw acid. I think the more this bad joke got highlighted the more chance some lunatic will think the idea through. It’s done now and Farage has a point to argue this, having had spunk spilled over him twice now. That said there are some double standards by those Farij fans and the whole thing about being a snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That is true, the least she could do is apologize immediately. With how divisive the country is and how politics is firing people up, someone would actually throw acid. I think the more this bad joke got highlighted the more chance some lunatic will think the idea through. It’s done now and Farage has a point to argue this, having had spunk spilled over him twice now. That said there are some double standards by those Farij fans and the whole thing about being a snowflake.
    I’ve got a dark sense of humour Regis but if mates try to tell me dead baby jokes I stop them in their tracks.

Two minutes in my company would show you I’m no “snowflake” but jokes about throwing battery acid are abhorrent in my opinion.

On Jo Brand.

By pure coincidence I was reading up on Quentin Letts tonight as he was on the “This Week” programme.

A couple of years ago he was on “ Have I got news for you “ hosted on that occasion by Ms Brand

He’d made a comment/joke on radio 4’s “Today” programmes about wishing he could pin down Polly Toynbee of the Guardian to tickle her under the armpits to bring a smile to her face for once.

Brand admonished him for “misogyny” and really got stuck into him and she received huge support on Soshal Meeeedyaa and the incident ended up with Ofcom.

I hope she reaps what she’s sown with this.

After what happened to Labour’s Jo Cox something of this nature is just going too far.

If Boris or Farage made a joke about throwing acid on Brand to improve her looks would that be funny?

Quite rightly it would cause outrage and disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Don't agree with what she said. But you can't have it both ways..

I struggle to have any sympathy with a bloke who said he would pick up a rifle if Brexit wasn't delivered, isn't that inciting violence?

Or who smeared Jo Cox's widower after her murder. Or who has poisoned and divided our country as much as he has leading to people shouting 'betrayal' and 'traitors' at others.

That's before you get onto his workshy record as an MEP.

There is only one dangerous person out of Jo Brand and Nigel Farage.

Idiot! I don't see the poison and divide - did the majority not vote for him overwhelmingly? Do you not understand the meaning of majority? It's as simple as 123 so look it up!

Jo Brand should be locked up!

Mick have you seen the state of Jo Brand, god, she's so ugly it looks like she was a victim of an acid attack herself. I always used to say there are no ugly women just some prettier than others, a pretty quick U-turn of opinion is in order here. An ideal barmaid I think because when she starts to look ok....had enough, time to go home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)