+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre season friendly in Germany

Pre season friendly in Germany

Barnsley Football Club will travel to 2. Bundesliga side Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday 20 July for a pre-season friendly.

DSC Arminia Bielefeld vs Barnsley FC
    Saturday 20 July
    Kick-off: TBC
    SchücoArena
    Melanchthonstraße 31A, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany

The 2. Bundesliga side are currently managed by 59-year-old Uwe Neuhaus, who led the German’s to a seventh placed finish during the 2018/19 season, narrowly missing out on the promotion play-off places. With 17 goals in 33 appearances that season, 31-year-old Fabian Klos is the main danger man in attack.

Bielefeld is located in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. The city has an estimated population approaching 350,000. The city does not hold its own international runway, but can be accessed by a number of other local destinations. The nearest and most accessible airports are Hannover and Düsseldorf.

Kick-off time and ticketing details for any fans wishing to make the trip will be confirmed in due course.

The club intends to play another fixture in Germany, details of this will be communicated to fans at the earliest possible opportunity to do so.

Handy fo Stendel. Near his family.

Dusseldorf is a nice city , practically on the border with Holland so flights should be relatively cheap .

Could be a decent weekend made out of this to be fair .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Dusseldorf is a nice city , practically on the border with Holland so flights should be relatively cheap .

Could be a decent weekend made out of this to be fair .
    Amsterdam ont way back would cap it off

They must think we've nothing else better to do with our money

I’ve stayed in a place an hour away called Bonen. This part of the world is a similiar place to Barnsley. Westfalia is a bit of a mining area. If I remember well it had a coal sorting and rail junction
    Working class place. It even had a bloudy level crossing in the middle of the Town!!!! Bahnhofstrasse was where I stayed..... “Train Street”.
    Friendly people, and what we would class as a “Working Class place”
    May even look to book on “Animals Weekend Jaunt”.

Appelkorn Weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’ve stayed in a place an hour away called Bonen. This part of the world is a similiar place to Barnsley. Westfalia is a bit of a mining area. If I remember well it had a coal sorting and rail junction
    Working class place. It even had a bloudy level crossing in the middle of the Town!!!! Bahnhofstrasse was where I stayed..... “Train Street”.
    Friendly people, and what we would class as a “Working Class place”
    May even look to book on “Animals Weekend Jaunt”.

Appelkorn Weekend!

Just looked on trip advisor Jules .

Flying out on friday and returning sunday from Leeds / Bradford to Dusseldorf came in @ £172 , takes about an hour and 50 minutes .