+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Womens World Cup - Just an Observation.

Womens World Cup - Just an Observation.

Just caught a bit of the China/South Africa game. Basically if you added up all the breast tissue on the field you would still not have enough to fill a 34A cup.

Woodie, you'll have the PC police (if they exist in USA?) knocking on your door!!

To be honest I haven't got the SLIGHTEST interest in Women's football. I really do feel I've got better things to do with my time.

I’ve always found it enjoyable. Less drama than the men’s game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Woodie, you'll have the PC police (if they exist in USA?) knocking on your door!!

To be honest I haven't got the SLIGHTEST interest in Women's football. I really do feel I've got better things to do with my time.
    "the PC police". I live in Texas mate, we barbecue em!

I have watched a few of the games so far and one of the things that has impressed is players not crowding the referees. VAR, just like in the men's game often takes what seems to be ages for a decision to be made. The final say, even on a second look should be the ref's.

Some of the games have been good to watch, but I felt sorry for Thailand against the USA as their average height seemed about 6 inches shorter than the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Some of the games have been good to watch, but I felt sorry for Thailand against the USA as their average height seemed about 6 inches shorter than the USA!
    Fewer nations are given support for the women's game compared to the men's. Thailand's team is essentially funded through a wealthy Thai woman. Might not even have a team if not for her. Argentina's national team didn't even play in 2015 and 2017. And in 2016, they had to sleep in the bus before one of their games because the FA wouldn't pay for accommodation the night before. So they left in the wee hours of the morning and slept on the bus on the way to the match. Kudos to them as they were just happy to be here at the WC but they've drawn Japan (who won in 2011 and finished runners up in 2015) and lost to England by only one. Would be miraculous if they advanced to the knockouts by beating Scotland in their last group match.

USA is great at women's footy because it's the #1 sport in girls youth participation here. But the world will eventually catch up when they start supporting the women's game more in other countries because footy is only available at the high levels to the wealthy as our pay to play model is incredibly expensive as you get older. Men's and women's academies have to expand and become more accessible for the women to stay on top and for the men to amount to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post

Me too Bill

Women's football is improving and some of the recent matches have been very good. England v Norway was a great advert for the women's game. USA v France had it's moments. I'm all for it!

US vs England in the semifinals will be the two best teams in the tournament thus far. I don’t think the four teams left in the other side of the bracket are strong enough at this moment to stand up to England or the US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)