+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An update from Alan Hardy

We know that the new Waterside development plans are due to get final approval on Tuesday 18th. The council are investing £100 million in the area and are actively seeking investors to turn the area into a bustling hub with Meadow Lane alone due to contain 95 dwellings, retail space, cafes - right next to the stadium.

If the prospective owners have got even half an eye on all of that, Tuesday's meeting will have a huge impact on the potential commercial value of this deal. It would change the whole conversation if the plans are scrapped (which sounds unlikely at this stage, but still possible). I heavily suspect that this is at least partly causing the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    We know that the new Waterside development plans are due to get final approval on Tuesday 18th. The council are investing £100 million in the area and are actively seeking investors to turn the area into a bustling hub with Meadow Lane alone due to contain 95 dwellings, retail space, cafes - right next to the stadium.

If the prospective owners have got even half an eye on all of that, Tuesday's meeting will have a huge impact on the potential commercial value of this deal. It would change the whole conversation if the plans are scrapped (which sounds unlikely at this stage, but still possible). I heavily suspect that this is at least partly causing the delays.
    Caution: Insufficient hysteria in post.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post

I've been saying this for a while. They want a slice of the pie and that would be the "out of the club's control" bit I imagine. If the council aren't working with May's group because of their due diligence, that points to the SA group being in the driving seat logically

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I've been saying this for a while. They want a slice of the pie and that would be the "out of the club's control" bit I imagine. If the council aren't working with May's group because of their due diligence, that points to the SA group being in the driving seat logically
    It would indeed.

To be fair to the Council, they have been supportive to Notts in the past and there's no reason to think that has changed. Hopefully they will continue in that vein and satisfy themselves that any prospective owners wanting to take advantage of the development opportunities will also protect the club's future - as far as that is possible in football.

The Council are fully supportive of Notts. It is not at all unusual for the Council to include caveats into developments, just say for example, to pay for a school, a new central library or indeed a new football stadium as part of a property development.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Am aware that I sound like a broken record, but we owe Haydn Green such a bloody enormous debt (in the moral sense).
    "THIS" !!!!!!!!!! (and YES I'm shouting)

Logically, CBP, logically? Since when has anything at this bloody club been logical?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Am aware that I sound like a broken record, but we owe Haydn Green such a bloody enormous debt (in the moral sense).
    Absolutely and £3m if his estate want their money back.

Good word Cher 'MORAL'. The previous couple of owners possess none.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast