+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts History Book

Notts History Book

Apologies if this has been flagged up before but I've never seen it on here. I had my retirement 'do' recently, and one of the gifts I received was a nicely personalised history of Notts County in newspaper articles. Thankfully, it was produced without reference to the desperate season we've just endured - it finishes with the L2 promotion play-off disaster. I'm in 'urban south Hampshire' so it took a while for my former colleagues to realise that Notts had just dropped out of the FL. I think they were relieved that I was still genuinely very pleased with it.

This forum's size limit on attachments doesn't do the pictures justice. It's a nicely presented book, of proper newspaper size and on decent paper.

If you want one it would probably be a good idea to order soon - I somehow doubt they do them for Vanarama clubs.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Apologies if this has been flagged up before but I've never seen it on here. I had my retirement 'do' recently, and one of the gifts I received was a nicely personalised history of Notts County in newspaper articles. Thankfully, it was produced without reference to the desperate season we've just endured - it finishes with the L2 promotion play-off disaster. I'm in 'urban south Hampshire' so it took a while for my former colleagues to realise that Notts had just dropped out of the FL. I think they were relieved that I was still genuinely very pleased with it.

This forum's size limit on attachments doesn't do the pictures justice. It's a nicely presented book, of proper newspaper size and on decent paper.

If you want one it would probably be a good idea to order soon - I somehow doubt they do them for Vanarama clubs.
    I couldn't see the name of the book, but it sounds like a nice idea. Is it a bespoke kind of thing you order from a website?

By the way, is "urban South Hampshire" Southampton or Portsmouth/Southsea?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I couldn't see the name of the book, but it sounds like a nice idea. Is it a bespoke kind of thing you order from a website?

By the way, is "urban South Hampshire" Southampton or Portsmouth/Southsea?
    Sorry, I should have included a link but I've actually only just checked the small print for one. https://www.signature-gifts.co.uk/pr...ootball_books/

I live near, but not in, Southampton. USH is a colloquialism for the almost seamless conurbation that includes not just Southampton and Portsmouth but also Winchester, Eastleigh, Fareham, Havant, Waterlooville, Gosport etc. It's odd that out of all that lot there's only one Premiership club, and that was playing Notts in L1 not that long ago. But Saints got Markus Liebherr, while we got Munto, Ray Trew and, as piece de resistance, Big Alan.

Sorry, I should have included a link but I've actually only just checked the small print for one. https://www.signature-gifts.co.uk/pr...ootball_books/

"Notts Forest" !!! Oh, may as well be next season.

https://www.signature-gifts.co.uk/pr...y-in-pictures/

I live near, but not in, Southampton. USH is a colloquialism for the almost seamless conurbation that includes not just Southampton and Portsmouth but also Winchester, Eastleigh, Fareham, Havant, Waterlooville, Gosport etc. It's odd that out of all that lot there's only one Premiership club, and that was playing Notts in L1 not that long ago. But Saints got Markus Liebherr, while we got Munto, Ray Trew and, as piece de resistance, Big Alan.
    Thanks for the link, will check it out (especially as it doesn’t include 2018/19!).

I lived in Southsea in the early 90s for a few years - my bolthole from all of the urban blight was always Burlesdon. The Isle of Wight was also fun if you wanted to go back in time to the 1970s.

I had a lot of fun under Southsea Pier back in the 80’s

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    "Notts Forest" !!! Oh, may as well be next season.

https://www.signature-gifts.co.uk/pr...y-in-pictures/
    I hadn't seen that (I was the recipient, not the buyer) but they have got 'Nottm Forest' on the drop-down menu. However, looking at it now I see that NCFC isn't an option any more. I'm going to e-mail them to see if they have any left over, or if they reprint them on request, because the one I've got would be a really good present for any Notts fan above a certain age.

Actually Old_pie, now I've checked, the link you pasted isn't to the product I was on about. Here's the correct link: https://www.signature-gifts.co.uk/pr...ewspaper-book/ It's size A3 and still available as one of 61 choices. They've not skimped on quantity, and each of the many pages has a good number of articles and photos. Pre-Lawton is a bit wasted on me, but that still leaves me with seven decades worth of interest.

Actually Old_pie, now I've checked, the link you pasted isn't to the product I was on about. Here's the correct link: https://www.signature-gifts.co.uk/pr...ewspaper-book/ It's size A3 and still available as one of 61 choices. They've not skimped on quantity, and each of the many pages has a good number of articles and photos. Pre-Lawton is a bit wasted on me, but that still leaves me with seven decades worth of interest.
    Still says "Notts Forest" on my system.

And if I proceed with ordering (yuk) I get:

A3 Leather Cover Football Newspaper Book - Notts Forest Newspaper Book - Leather Red Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Still says "Notts Forest" on my system.

And if I proceed with ordering (yuk) I get:

A3 Leather Cover Football Newspaper Book - Notts Forest Newspaper Book - Leather Red Cover
    Yep, they've got lots of references to Notts Forest on their site. I'm now in touch with them, and I've pointed out that it's a howler. However... what I was trying to get across was that the Notts County version is a real treat, and still available. And - in case anyone's wondering - I'm not on their payroll, or on commission. I was just really pleased to get a present that I didn't know existed, and I'm sure that other old codgers like me would really enjoy a copy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast