+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T US Open Golf

O/T US Open Golf

Great round from Justin Rose , looks a great course , some of them Par 3s are beauties , not had a bet on this Tournament yet, some good odds yesterday on Fowler ( who had a great round also) early days but maybe it's time for Someone to break their Majors Duck !

Finishes his second round on -7 and a two shot lead .

Looking like the morning players are going to get the best of today's conditions because the wind is picking up off the Pacific as I type this .

-7 could be a cracking score , Rory and Ricky Fowler due out shortly .

I can't believe they haven't brought the tee times forward an hour or two for European viewers.
    I stayed up til 3 this morning. I thought with a smaller field after the cut it might be an earlier finish.
    I've backed Oosthuisen, Scott & Matt Wallace (170/1) and it was spectacular to watch.
    Oosthuisen only parred one hole after the 4th until the 18th, and Wallace had a meltdown throwing clubs after dropping a couple of silly shots. McIlroy looked like he'd blown it but came back with some impressive birdies at the end.
    Gary Woodland holed 3 or 4 massive putts yesterday. He's been in good form for a while now without winning. Kicking myself because I seriously considered putting a couple of quid on him.

Not had a bet , possibly would have gone for Ricky Fowler as he gives you a good run for your money generally .

I've backed Fowler dozens of times these last couple of years but just recently he's started doing what he did last night, 2 or 3 shocking holes where he fritters shots away.
    Crazy, because I backed Oosthuisen and he does exactly the same.
    I only noticed it creeping into Fowler's game these last couple of months.
    Matt Wallace will win a major in the next couple of years I reckon.
    I had a couple of quid e/w on him for USPGA at 200/1 and he finished about 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I've backed Fowler dozens of times these last couple of years but just recently he's started doing what he did last night, 2 or 3 shocking holes where he fritters shots away.
    Crazy, because I backed Oosthuisen and he does exactly the same.
    I only noticed it creeping into Fowler's game these last couple of months.
    Matt Wallace will win a major in the next couple of years I reckon.
    I had a couple of quid e/w on him for USPGA at 200/1 and he finished about 7th.
    Could end up the Monty of American golf if he doesn't win a major soon .

These young pretenders come & go, it makes you realise how good Woods was/is.
    Speith, Thomas, Day, Snedeker, Bubba, & Hunter Mahon, have all threatened to dominate but it's all short lived.
    Very few stay at the top for any legth of time.
    A bit like football though you can be a multi millionaire without winning anything.
    I would rather be a top 100 golfer than a Premier League footballer.
    Much longer career and a more grounded, less superficial life. All your work colleagues supporting you instead of bitching & backbiting.

Excellent round from Danny Willet today. Nice to see him back to summat like after struggling last couple o years. Also nice to see so many British players in contention.

Kuchar and Koepka currently making their moves among the front runners. I wouldn't be surprised to see either one of these two emerge victors this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Excellent round from Danny Willet today. Nice to see him back to summat like after struggling last couple o years. Also nice to see so many British players in contention.

Kuchar and Koepka currently making their moves among the front runners. I wouldn't be surprised to see either one of these two emerge victors this weekend
    Hotting up Pass at the top of that leader board , could be a good un this , shame it's on so late .

If Justin Rose could actually hit a fairway he'd be leading by a mile .

Great scrambling mind you .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast