+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So VAR

So VAR

Thoughts? Having seen it in action in the Women's WC I think if it's going to stay the only way I'd prefer to see it work is for each team to have say two 'challenges' per match and like cricket & tennis if you use it and you're wrong you've lost your challenge; and for the ref to use it when they want to verify a decision, otherwise I'm not in favour of remote reviews taking place during the game when the ref hasn't called for them.

It needs tweaking and was always going to have issues but long term it will benefit the game. Just need to work out the best route forward that reduces the amount of times it is stopping the game.

Challenges would be interesting but what happens if there is a blatant error or offside that everyone can see on replays, is it still over turned? Or do they just ignore it? Its got a long way to go VAR before it works to the benefit of everyone.

I say that in that if we have challenges you've got to remove the ref referring things otherwise the game stop endlessly as it would be like the current situation but with the added stoppages of opponents challenging a refs decision, I would like to see red cards reviewed possibly even with the player going off but being allowed to return if their red is proven to be unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I say that in that if we have challenges you've got to remove the ref referring things otherwise the game stop endlessly as it would be like the current situation but with the added stoppages of opponents challenging a refs decision, I would like to see red cards reviewed possibly even with the player going off but being allowed to return if their red is proven to be unjust.
    but if you limit challenges to one or two, teams will have to use them judiciously; if they challenge and are correct, fair enough they have corrected an error, challenge without care and get it wrong, bang you've lost your challenge.

Am overall in favour but as seen with Citeh v Spurs and England sf, the unbridled goal celebrations will be subdued as we await confirmation, in time it could be seconds but think the game becomes a little sanitised 🤪

Should have come out at least 5 years ago football is so fast now the refs need help to get the important decisions correct

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Should have come out at least 5 years ago football is so fast now the refs need help to get the important decisions correct
    And they will still get it wrong with VAR as we have seen on countless occasions..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    And they will still get it wrong with VAR as we have seen on countless occasions..
    Youd think that between the 4 of them, they could get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Truthfully, and I am possibly the only person that will ever say this... I don't want every decision in football to be exact and correct. I love the controversial decisions, the talking points, the sob story, the moments of luck or we got away with one there. It all part of the magic of football for me.

I don't want to see that eroded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)