+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An absolute disgrace

What exactly is it that certain people are getting so worked up about?

Is it not being sold as of yet?
    Is it Rafa not renewing as of yet?
    Is it about not seeing any new signings as of yet?

Or is it a culmination of all 3?

My stance is simple.
    What will be, will be and I'm certainly not going to get myself stressed out over anything as of yet. It's too early.

Most clubs don't sort out deals in any situation, this early. Very few do, due to holidays and such.
    What goes on in the background may stay in the background until it's time to make it public. This is likely what happens. So as much as we think nothing's getting done, it just might be getting done in all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    What exactly is it that certain people are getting so worked up about?

Is it not being sold as of yet?
    Is it Rafa not renewing as of yet?
    Is it about not seeing any new signings as of yet?

Or is it a culmination of all 3?

My stance is simple.
    What will be, will be and I'm certainly not going to get myself stressed out over anything as of yet. It's too early.

Most clubs don't sort out deals in any situation, this early. Very few do, due to holidays and such.
    What goes on in the background may stay in the background until it's time to make it public. This is likely what happens. So as much as we think nothing's getting done, it just might be getting done in all situations.

i agree with Ghost on this one like, regardless of what Ashley has done in the past or what rumours are in the local rags, theres no point getting worked up about it.
    Every single one of us knows full well, Ashley likes to get things done in complete silence and without communication to the media and fans.

So im of the opinion, while we are hearing feck all from the club on the takeover, its a good sign.
    When Ashley starts going on sky sports doing interviews and making promises, then id be worried.

Even if Rafa leaves on June 30th and we get a new owner on July 10th, they can get him back, im certain he knows whats going on and how likely a takeover is.

We will already have a host of targets for each position and if and when the club/manager is sorted out we can start getting players or selling players. ffs pre season hasnt even started yet

In 2 weeks time... as things stand... Neil Redfearn will be the manager of the club when (the few who remain) our squad returns for pre season training.

But is ok... because the season ticket prices are sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i agree with Ghost on this one like, regardless of what Ashley has done in the past or what rumours are in the local rags, theres no point getting worked up about it.
    Every single one of us knows full well, Ashley likes to get things done in complete silence and without communication to the media and fans.

So im of the opinion, while we are hearing feck all from the club on the takeover, its a good sign.
    When Ashley starts going on sky sports doing interviews and making promises, then id be worried.

Even if Rafa leaves on June 30th and we get a new owner on July 10th, they can get him back, im certain he knows whats going on and how likely a takeover is.

We will already have a host of targets for each position and if and when the club/manager is sorted out we can start getting players or selling players. ffs pre season hasnt even started yet
    I see your point to a degree.

But ffs its 57 days or something until the first day of the season. We have no new players in or manager yet, ownership in limbo, players could go in the vacuum of uncertainty - see they sniffing around Longstaff alteady.

This shiite could have been resolved weeks, neigh months ago when safety was secured. And I doubt the Arabs woke up last week on a whim and decided to buy a club so they probably had even longer to agree a lot of details in principle.

Nah, its shambolic, and I bet its Ashley at the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I see your point to a degree.

But ffs its 57 days or something until the first day of the season. We have no new players in or manager yet, ownership in limbo, players could go in the vacuum of uncertainty - see they sniffing around Longstaff alteady.

This shiite could have been resolved weeks, neigh months ago when safety was secured. And I doubt the Arabs woke up last week on a whim and decided to buy a club so they probably had even longer to agree a lot of details in principle.

Nah, its shambolic, and I bet its Ashley at the bottom of it.
    yeah i have no doubt Ashley and his demands will be at the bottom of it.

The clubs official stance is "business as usual"
    the first thing that springs to mind after hearing that is.................. a long drawn out summer, minimal signings, minimal budget, Rafa's contract will rumble on untlil the last moment.
    Business as usual for Ashley is the same as he has always been, so why is anyone shocked at the lack of anything so far?

Longstaff wont and cant be sold while any takeover is ongoing, the books and accounts and value are all respective of the current group.

If you agree to buy a house, while the contracts etc are getting drawn up, the current owners cant sell the roof or garden.

Longstaff is an asset of the club, just like the training ground or other buildings we own.

Exactly the reason why nobody has come in for Perez, its pointless until this process is concluded

Just wanted to write my personal feelings down about my beloved NUFC. Hoping getting it off my chest
    will relieve some of the stress, anger and ever growing frustration building up inside. I honestly
    feel physically sick at times with the situation we are in.

THE TAKEOVER I honestly believe that BZG are convinced they have an agreement to takeover the club
    and are genuine in their belief that its happening. However I don't think they know what a deceptive
    snake Ashley is. I have the feeling he is stringing them along as well as us before pulling the rug
    away and using this as an excuse for failing to secure Rafa and any players this summer. I also think
    the timing of the leak to the press is very suspicious and would not be surprised if the Mike Ashley
    PR team had said "yeah go on tell them. The deal is going ahead anyway" because if it was not out in
    the media the afore mentioned excuse would not work

RAFA'S CONTRACT. I think Rafa has told Charnley that the deal is unacceptable and he will not sign.
    However his current contract means he is unable to say that to the public or face heavy penalty clauses
    If he was going to say he would of told us by now.

TRANSFERS. Due to managerial uncertainty or the fact we will end up with an other Pardew or suchlike
    any player with a modicum of ambition or talent will be away, so that will mean one more round of the bins
    for cheap European replacements just like Obertan, Marveaux etc. Who ever comes in as Ashley's puppet will
    also be told to cash in on the likes of Longstaff and Sorrenson.

Sorry its all doom and gloom but these last 12 years have drained any hope and optimism from me with regards
    to NUFC. I hope I am a million miles wide of the mark (and probably will be as I know about as much as the
    hacks continually printing guess work without any facts). But its off my chest now and do I feel better?

DO I FECK

What an absolute f*cking shambles.

Stuff going around now saying fatso would prefer to sell to his mate kenyon and is desperate for him to drum up the funds.

The arabs will fuck off and Kenyon will come up short, leaving fatso to peddle the 'only sell to someone who can take the club forward' line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Stuff going around now saying fatso would prefer to sell to his mate kenyon and is desperate for him to drum up the funds.

The arabs will fuck off and Kenyon will come up short, leaving fatso to peddle the 'only sell to someone who can take the club forward' line.
    This is what I have believed from the off.

The bid from the Arabs couldn't have come at a better time for Ashley.

He will move the goalposts enough asto piss the Arabs off, they take their money elsewhere.

Now he has a ready made excuse to get rid of an ambitious manager and bring in another yes man.

When the fans complain, he will put the blame on the Arabs.

Enough of the press will believe his spin too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)