+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Thats what i call ambition

Rotherham United need a hotel and business / social units ASAP.

Sadly those who feel that the eyesore adjacent the NYS needs protection are standing in the way of progress for the whole town. Unbelievable considering that the beautiful building that was Doncaster Gate Hospital (paid for with pennies from the Rotherham people) was torn down with great speed.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post

Sadly those who feel that the eyesore adjacent the NYS needs protection are standing in the way of progress for the whole town. Unbelievable considering that the beautiful building that was Doncaster Gate Hospital (paid for with pennies from the Rotherham people) was torn down with great speed.
    The crying shame about the G&C building is that it has no historical significance, basically it’s just another red brick factory like dozens in the area that have met the wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post

It's a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    TS has spent more money on RUFC than our owners ever will at Oakwell despite their greater collective wealth .

Only one club getting bankrolled WanChai and it aint us .

This isn't a criticism by the way I'm simply stating a fact , it's Tony's money to spend how he wants .

Other than buy the club the owners haven't spent a round coin of their own money in the 18 months they've owned us .
    Its a thin line between bankrolling, underwriting and approving future spending on a loss making business.

The most recent accounts are end season 2018. It shows a loss of £1.4m and converting £6m of Cryers loans to shares. This is not a self sustaining business model. If theyve not put in a single hk$ they will soon.

We dont know what happened in the last 12 months. But, the most telling period will be this transfer window and Jan 2020.

They use Nice as an advertising vehicle for their far east activities. To achieve that end they need the club as high up the league as possible.

You still dont know why they bought your club. But, it will interesting to see how they use the club and what they are prepared to invest to achieve their ultimate objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Its a thin line between bankrolling, underwriting and approving future spending on a loss making business.

The most recent accounts are end season 2018. It shows a loss of £1.4m and converting £6m of Cryers loans to shares. This is not a self sustaining business model. If theyve not put in a single hk$ they will soon.

We dont know what happened in the last 12 months. But, the most telling period will be this transfer window and Jan 2020.

They use Nice as an advertising vehicle for their far east activities. To achieve that end they need the club as high up the league as possible.

You still dont know why they bought your club. But, it will interesting to see how they use the club and what they are prepared to invest to achieve their ultimate objectives.
    They've just sold OGC Nice to Jim Ratcliffe for €100m two weeks sgo , made a tidy profit on it too .

According to reports we've read coming out of the French Riviera they bought the club with loans and used player sales to pay them off , they sold most of their top talent and show a €30m surplus on sales which disappeared in to thin air .

The club under their ownership fell from a champions league competitor to not qualifying for europe at all .

As you can imagine it made for grim reading over our way .

Your right we did show a £1.4m loss , I suspect the sales of Potts to Preston for £1.8m , Steve Mallan to Hibs , Knasmullner to Austria Vienna and Moncur to Luton may have attacked that although relegation to League One has to be factored in with the hit on Sky tv revenue .

I suppose relatively speaking in football terms a£1.4m loss is nothing to keep you awake at night over and could be considered a sustainable model given the nature of football clubs and finances .

I suspect with your good selves Tony Stewart is now in the territory the late Patrick Cryne found himself in in that he's invested as much as he feels he can and the club has to roll with what it generates and he fills in the financial holes which leads to struggles at championship level .

The good news is that both of us aren't likely to end up like Bolton Wanderers , the bad news is that the championship will still continue to be a struggle .

They've just sold OGC Nice to Jim Ratcliffe for €100m two weeks sgo , made a tidy profit on it too .

According to reports we've read coming out of the French Riviera they bought the club with loans and used player sales to pay them off , they sold most of their top talent and show a €30m surplus on sales which disappeared in to thin air .

The club under their ownership fell from a champions league competitor to not qualifying for europe at all .

As you can imagine it made for grim reading over our way .

Your right we did show a £1.4m loss , I suspect the sales of Potts to Preston for £1.8m , Steve Mallan to Hibs , Knasmullner to Austria Vienna and Moncur to Luton may have attacked that although relegation to League One has to be factored in with the hit on Sky tv revenue .

I suppose relatively speaking in football terms a£1.4m loss is nothing to keep you awake at night over and could be considered a sustainable model given the nature of football clubs and finances .

I suspect with your good selves Tony Stewart is now in the territory the late Patrick Cryne found himself in in that he's invested as much as he feels he can and the club has to roll with what it generates and he fills in the financial holes which leads to struggles at championship level .

The good news is that both of us aren't likely to end up like Bolton Wanderers , the bad news is that the championship will still continue to be a struggle .
    Youve not included the £6m Cryer loans that indicate a much bigger shortfall in revenue.

Why do you think they bought Barnsley?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Youve not included the £6m Cryer loans that indicate a much bigger shortfall in revenue.

Why do you think they bought Barnsley?
    I'm not sure how that plays out WanChai with regard to the £6m because his son James Cryne holds a 25% stake in the club .

I wish I could answer the question on why they bought us , none of us know the answer , we all have our theories but none really stack up .

They are here to make money that we do know but how they do it is something we can't fathom .

We do know Chien Lee and Paul Conway have a fractured relationship , Lee never attended a single game last season but Conway comes over pretty regularly , in fact he acting CEO at the moment , the two Indians have never been seen at all .

Billy Beane is involved in the recruitment on an analytic basis but he's never seen a single game , then again he never watches the Oakland A's either .

It's all very suspicious and quite a few of us don't trust em given what happened at OGC Nice .

I'm not sure how that plays out WanChai with regard to the £6m because his son James Cryne holds a 25% stake in the club .

I wish I could answer the question on why they bought us , none of us know the answer , we all have our theories but none really stack up .

They are here to make money that we do know but how they do it is something we can't fathom .

We do know Chien Lee and Paul Conway have a fractured relationship , Lee never attended a single game last season but Conway comes over pretty regularly , in fact he acting CEO at the moment , the two Indians have never been seen at all .

Billy Beane is involved in the recruitment on an analytic basis but he's never seen a single game , then again he never watches the Oakland A's either .

It's all very suspicious and quite a few of us don't trust em given what happened at OGC Nice .
    Genuinely not sure whether I've dreamt this, so apologies if it's bullshine, but didn't they try unsuccessfully to buy a couple of other clubs before Barnsley? Middlesbrough? Hull?

The timing was right at barnsley because cryne was very ill.

None of that explains why though. Who knows..

I'm not sure how that plays out WanChai with regard to the £6m because his son James Cryne holds a 25% stake in the club ..
    The accounts indicate he converted the loan to shares. It means the club dont have to pay it back (it does not appear as a debt). Companies borrow money if there is a shortfall. £6m indicates there was a big shortfall in the period Cryer was owner up to when Lee took over. It proved the club is not self sustaining.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Genuinely not sure whether I've dreamt this, so apologies if it's bullshine, but didn't they try unsuccessfully to buy a couple of other clubs before Barnsley? Middlesbrough? Hull?

The timing was right at barnsley because cryne was very ill.

None of that explains why though. Who knows..
    Yes they did and Brentford too and they walked away from all three clubs before buying ourselves .

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast