+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Womens World cup...

Italy v Brazil should be a good game tonight too..

I've only managed to see some highlights and thought some of the goals were really well crafted but the goal keeping looked really poor. Diving way late and hardly covering any ground.

I just had a quick look at the history of Woman's football. An interesting read.

"the major rise of women’s soccer started after 1863 when the English Football Association standardized the rules of the game.

This now safer game became very popular for women all over the United Kingdom, and soon after the rule change, it was almost as popular as men’s soccer (“History of”).

In 1920, two women’s soccer teams played each other in front of a massive crowd of 53,000 people in Liverpool, England.

Although that was a major achievement for women’s soccer, it had terrible consequences for the women’s league in the United Kingdom; the English Football Association was threatened by the size of women’s soccer, so they banned women from playing soccer on the same fields as men.

Due to this, women’s soccer declined in the U.K."https://historycooperative.org/goal-...-rose-to-fame/

England Ladies done very well today v a very tough Cameroon team by 3-0.
    Cameroon did throw a hissy fit because of a disalowed goal, i swear she was on side but maybe the tight decision went against her bra size because VAR was inconlusive!
    Well done the girls, very entertaining Game..

Exhilarating match against a bunch of butchers. A lot a respect goes out to the English for their composure against such provocation.

USA look too good for us, as do the Hosts, both on our side of the draw as well.

Passing and skills so much higher than the group stages, crossing and shooting still pants.

Overall I stand corrected, happily admitting previous unfair rash judgement.

Still a ‘blonde ponytail and tattoo’ fest tho.

Oh, and VAR will kill the game that we all love!!!!

I thought the VAR was a quick decision to help the ref, some are taking over 5 mins and the clocks ticking, surely the ref has to stop his watch?
    Well saying that, had the ref not used var, England would not have gone 2 up and they would have equalised 1-1 result could have been much different. I love the rawness of the games even though there is a little bit of 'Its a Nockout' about some of tackles and shooting. .

But by then mate they should have had at least 2 sent off.

For me, human error and ability, or lack of, is sport, both players and officials.

Sport is becoming an exact science. No spontaneity, no excitement, no fun, just some boring techy tw@ with a rule book and a computer deciding the outcome.

#Game’sGone

I must agree, it taking something away from the game, its killing the conversation in the pub after the game, 'was it in, over the line, was he last man, was he offside etc....

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    I must agree, it taking something away from the game, its killing the conversation in the pub after the game, 'was it in, over the line, was he last man, was he offside etc....
    Totally agree. The idea always was "swings and roundabouts" VAR means in effect "we've scored.... Don't celebrate, it might be offside. Hang on.... Hang on... He has referred it..........

Come on England, show the boys how to do it....

I've given women's football a lot of stick, but that 3rd goal was a rocket

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)