+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Womens World cup...

That team would wipe the floor with West Brom

Interestingly, the rule state that women can play professionally with men up until their 18th birthday.

Under 16s women V Baggies

3-0

Unlucky girls, almost, what is it with England and penalties? You had them rattled, they were yapping in desperation. On another night it would have been 3-2 England.
    Offiside? Looked level to me...

VAR is going to ruin the Premier league this season. It was a really close call for the offside, a toe offside.

The penalty decision was correct but again harsh and took 5 minutes to give from the incident to when it was taken. Referees checking monitors is just egotistical! There's 3 qualified referees watching all camera angels and they should just tell the ref.

It won't be the last time VAR is mentioned

I thought VAR was there to cut out cheating and help with goal line technology, not to see who had not clipped there toe Nails. Utter garbage, what happened to 'clear daylight' between the forward and defender??? They have messed it up, how long before A really big team gets demoted or loses a Final because of some minnute decision? Should VAR be looking at the exact nano point the ball is struck forward rather than looking at what part of the anatomy is offside? If you think about it, it puts women at a disadvantage!!!!

Stop messing with our game

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    VAR is going to ruin the Premier league this season. It was a really close call for the offside, a toe offside.

The penalty decision was correct but again harsh and took 5 minutes to give from the incident to when it was taken. Referees checking monitors is just egotistical! There's 3 qualified referees watching all camera angels and they should just tell the ref.

It won't be the last time VAR is mentioned

Like you Sam I thought the purpose of VAR was to stop the referee getting involved and the decision making would be left to the VAR panel.

Can you imagine how much extra time is going to be added on to games. 😱

Rosie I have thought about this... I think the average game is now going to be 100 minutes.

I'm betting a lot on both teams to score this year for this reason.

They said on the TV that they do not stop the clock for VAR???

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    They said on the TV that they do not stop the clock for VAR???
    Well that particular game had 7 added minutes mate. And there's been others too. It is going to ruin football. You won't be able to celebrate, or cut the celebrations short when the replay flashes up and you see that your plays nose is offside

Yes I kmow but most games before VAR have about 5 mins added, there was a lot of fouling , so call injuries, 3 goals a penalty a sending off, thats you 7 mins. Seriously, it was another forum, they do not stop the clock for VAR!! Would love to know either way?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)