+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Womens World cup...

Womens World cup...

Any Villa players on show?

Was going to be completey ***ist and not watch this event but......im honestly surprised and delighted with the skill level, in my ignorance, ive never watched a game before!
    Yes it lacks pace and the goalies look dodgy but im quite happy watching womens footy. England just scored a really well worked goal, from the back into Midfield, good ball to the wing and an excellent cross for our forward to pounce and score, well done England, well done Gary Neville.
    Just one low light, the crowd is a bit flat and quiet. Can see Womens football growing in profile for sure!
    Anyone else watching it?
    Ps the argies are just as dirty as the men.....

The goalies are terrible but none are over 5ft 8.

Thebacottishbone was lobbed on her line today.

Also, the organisation especially at the back is "confusing"

Hoesntoy, if your just tune in, you can't be sure who is attacking who. It's very odd.

I'm not writing it again. Read what you like. Some of it made sense

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Any Villa players on show?

Was going to be completey ***ist and not watch this event but......im honestly surprised and delighted with the skill level, in my ignorance, ive never watched a game before!
    Yes it lacks pace and the goalies look dodgy but im quite happy watching womens footy. England just scored a really well worked goal, from the back into Midfield, good ball to the wing and an excellent cross for our forward to pounce and score, well done England, well done Gary Neville.
    Just one low light, the crowd is a bit flat and quiet. Can see Womens football growing in profile for sure!
    Anyone else watching it?
    Ps the argies are just as dirty as the men.....
    Passing, crossing, heading and shooting are very poor. Just like watching a tattooed, blonde pony tailed version of The Villa.
    Tis Phil Neville in charge mate, not Gary.

At least the shirts will be ironed properly

Come on guys you can do better than that, its grass roots foitball and yes its Phil not Gary but there both ugly and easily confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Come on guys you can do better than that, its grass roots foitball and yes its Phil not Gary but there both ugly and easily confusing!
    Just saying what I saw mate. Nowt misogynistic in my observations. I saw a lot of blonde ponytails, tattoos and poor skills. None of my observations defined any specific gender stereotype. Birkir for instance, also has a blonde ponytail, tattoos and has a tendency, on occasion, to display poor footballing skills.

Describing the WWC as grassroots football is far more disrespectful, maybe not as much as Bongo’s joke though, which i still found funny

The participants in the WWC are supposed to be at the top of their game, the best of the best that their sport has to offer. I found the Eng v Sco and Eng v Arg matches clumsy, of poor skill levels and boring.

Didn't the England's women team lose heavily to the under 15 lads?

Well i liked it but then again i like everything now since we got promoted, i even like Veg!!!

I’m quite enjoying watching it tbh.. thought England were quite lucky to beat the Scots in the end but deserve to go through..

Australia vs Brazil was a good game and the next round should be good..

Plus let’s be honest it’s a bonus that there are some ***y lady’s on view 🙄

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)