+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Noel and Liam

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Wonderwall is a cover version . And yes they do sound the same i am not the only one to comment on this on the thread.And their still arrogant pricks .IT IS MY OPINION .
    Indeed they are, but pop music has had its fair share of pricks over the years, Lennon, Sting, Geldof just name a few

I was bristling with anticipation for those two to come together for the Manchester bombing concert and taking the roof off - standing together saying:

"This is our f##king town - you won't beat us".

But alas it didn't happen....run deep family fueds....

Seen ABBA the Penalty Shoot Out - we lost!
    Back in that silly competition again...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    After all that's what two unemployed brothers off a Manchester council estate did in the 90's .
    Lifted straight out of the cliched "rock n roll' biography.

Believe it or not people from council estates go on to do a lot more meaningful things with their lives than play in rock and roll bands.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why don't you write some lyrics find the appropriate music and put it out there if it's that easy .

in fact if you can read music you'd have a significant advantage over Noel who to this day cannot .
    If Noel could read music he would have a lot better chance of writing something original. He might learn how to resolve his chord progressions in different way and then his songs wouldn't sound the same.

People can say what they want about Oasis but this has to be one of the best songs written in last 50 years.

A truly beautiful song.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    To be honest anyone going to see gigs when they are over 40 is pretty sad.

Pop music and rock music is probably the biggest con going.

If you don't believe me learn to play an instrument and learn to read music. You will see that the vast majority of music is regurgitated and unimaginative.

Really the music media, videos and photographs and interviews are part of the con. When someone listens to a Liam Gallagher track they are not really listening to the banal lyrics and predictable chord progressions, they are looking at the video and the clothes, the attitude and the the haircut. They want to be Liam. If they opened there ears it would soon become apparent that they are listening to the same tired crap.

And as for rock 'n' roll mytho

I last went to a gig about 10 years ago. Like a saddoe, I had a t-shirt with the bands name on it and I saw the middle age paunch and all these other desperate cases trying to recapture their youth and avoid adulthood and maturity and called it a day.

I then studied music in my spare time and came to realise, how deceived I had been by the whole music industry.

It really is the most tedious tripe.

It's Bela Bartok all the way for me now.
    Come back to me when you have been playing guitar for 50 years and then we can have a discussion about musical validity on a level playing field. OK?

In my top 10 tunes of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Wonderwall is a cover version . And yes they do sound the same i am not the only one to comment on this on the thread.And their still arrogant pricks .IT IS MY OPINION .
    Wonderwall was written by Noel Gallagher. Any covers were covers of the Oasis song.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Lifted straight out of the cliched "rock n roll' biography.

Believe it or not people from council estates go on to do a lot more meaningful things with their lives than play in rock and roll bands.
    Well same as as I say you can always put your greater musical talent to the test and go do it .

All it requires is a pen , paper and a junk shop guitar .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast