+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Anyone any ideas on insomnia ? And how to get sleep without taking sleeping tablets, going to work with no sleep is putting me on verge of panic attacks etc 😟
    This might help - https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...d-therapy.aspx

I'm addicted to my phone though.
    That's why you can't sleep.

Anyone any ideas on insomnia ? And how to get sleep without taking sleeping tablets, going to work with no sleep is putting me on verge of panic attacks etc ��
    I know this will be much easier said than done but best advice I can give you is not to worry about it, when you are lying in bed struggling to get to sleep, as it's the stress of worrying that keeps you awake. The question to ask yourself is "what's the worst that can happen?". As I say easier said than done, but give it a go and good luck.

Know the feeling Stav .
    I've been taking those sleeping tablets you get off the chemists for 5 years or more .going from different chemist to another so they don't remember you as it's not easy to get them because of various questions.

But in Spain they just hand them over the counter .

Going to come off them gradually.
    Starting tonight but they do work Stav and welcome back mate.

I've just managed the issue for as long as I can remember. Tried everything. Nothing works, unless you want to try the heavy stuff that is guaranteed to make you feel like you've been on a week long Bacchanalian skiter next day. The doctor says that my brain has no off switch. He was gracious enough to omit "and yer heid's full of shiite".

My pal went to sleep clinic and was diagnosed with sleep apnoea. He now wears some sort of mask that gives him clean oxygen in a constant flow, and he sleeps very well.

Denis Thatcher once said, "I sleep like a baby - I wake up every four hours crying and wetting myself". Nae wonder waking up beside that ****.

I got 7 hours sleep last night that was 4 more hours than fri and sat night combined, seeing doc later today though.

Its amazing how a decent sleep helps you feel

Got a **** tun load on my.mind re other half and work and moving etc so guessing that's a big factor.

Cheers for replies with advice etc

Its murder init buc, 2 nights of nae sleep then doing a 11 hour flight in April didnt seem to hard was probably the adrenaline of the flight, but got like 5 hours sleep on the flight after I knecked 2 wines and a Heineken

I got 7 hours sleep last night that was 4 more hours than fri and sat night combined, seeing doc later today though.

Its amazing how a decent sleep helps you feel

Got a **** tun load on my.mind re other half and work and moving etc so guessing that's a big factor.

Cheers for replies with advice etc
    No problem. tbh, I'm not a great sleeper so shouldn't be dishing out any advice. But phone turned off and trying not to stress out about falling asleep seem like good advice. You can get worked up about not dropping off, best to have a 'if it happens, it happens' mindset rather than 'fu(k,evenifIdropoffnowImonlygetting4hourssleep... ' type panic.

If you are feeling stressed out about anything, feel free to share on here with us nosey b@stards. Doubt we can help, but it might make our own day go a bit quicker.
    Last edited by StandfreeFM; 17-06-2019 at 11:42 AM.

A good night for me is, headphones in, radio 4 extra program on (Tony Hancock or the like)

That stops the brain from racing on with worry about bills to pay etc.

Then waken up, pee, turn back the program to roughly where I fell asleep.

Repeat five or six times.

People expect too much of sleep as they get older, lovely though it would be to sleep like a ****ager, it's not going to happen.

Walk. I try To go for a 5 mile walk every night. Working f/t makes it difficult, but life is difficult. Last week walked from Brig ‘O Dee to Castlegate and back three times (in the pishing rain twice) and walked along the beach on Saturday morning (dodging the Parkrun crew). Saturday and Sunday night, oot like a log (plus a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast