+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sleep

I used to try to bide awake during the evening as onything longer than a 20 minute doze would render me sleepless for hours. Recently I've decided to just take any sleep going and live with it.

I woke up at 0210 this morning after falling asleep on the chair about 2200, which is an impressive 4 hours. I brushed my teeth and went to bed and got up at 03.10, unable to drop off, read (Kindle unfortunately as my current eye issue renders reading a Proper Mannies' book impossible until the operation) and dozed off about 0500 for 45 minutes. That was it. In to work by 0745 and still feeling OK, helped by a swally of strength 4 Proper Mannies' coffee, rather than the instant pish that's a 'perk' of working here.

I'll be fine until about 2130 and will be unwakeable for about 2-3 hours. I envy people who can sleep at will.

You should read a book that you don't particularly enjoy (although you have some interest) that's dense with factual information. I've been reading One World Divisible: A Global History since 1945 by David Reynolds since November last year and it always assists me into sleep mode...Although I'm down to the last five pages so I'll have to find something else

History of Scotland by the Scottish BBC historian boy with the long hair. F@cked if I can mind his name. Really interesting book, heavy with detail that you want to take in, I had to re-read loads of it when reading it knackered in bed. Defo good way to tire the brain and eyes.
    If you're struggling to sleep it might sound daft but try putting ear plugs in even if its not noise which is the issue. Gives you a different level of quiet which works a treat for me and my bedroom is really quiet anyway except for the wifes snoring and occasional bum burps.

Of course days near or on the summer solstice is not the best time of year to tackle sleeping problems... See the Norwegian film about a detective that can't get any sleep during the Arctic summer in Tromso with its near 24 hours of sunlight....

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    History of Scotland by the Scottish BBC historian boy with the long hair. F@cked if I can mind his name. Really interesting book, heavy with detail that you want to take in, I had to re-read loads of it when reading it knackered in bed. Defo good way to tire the brain and eyes.
    If you're struggling to sleep it might sound daft but try putting ear plugs in even if its not noise which is the issue. Gives you a different level of quiet which works a treat for me and my bedroom is really quiet anyway except for the wifes snoring and occasional bum burps.
    Neil Oliver an utter ass of a man

I've been put back on the amitriptyline so could probably spare a few. Mates rates for fellow dandies. Go down quite nicely with a cold beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post

Glad to hear you say that, Buc min.

I can’t watch any more than 30 seconds of the t’osser.

It’s usually a subject I’m interested in as well, but the accent is a definite no no for me.

And the mask eats yet further into the face.

I have had that confirmed first hand from folk that were at University with him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123