+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crooks

Crooks

I was interested with a post made by Mellow hoping that Crooks being the new Frecklington.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm hoping Crooks will be the new Frecklington.
    With what we've seen of him so far I think that he'll be better! Unfortunately he won't be with us too long if he plays the way he played last season when he fought his way into the team.

He has the potential to be talked about in the same way as we have Vaulks, Frecklington, Raggie and a host of other good players that we've had the pleasure watching in a Millers shirt.

What are your thoughts?

I think him and Wiles can be a really effective partnership for us Frog. Crookes is the closest we have to Frecklington imo.
    McDonald can add that experience and we have a very effective midfield.
    There is a huge difference of quality from the championship to league 1.
    I think Warne could go with 3-5-2 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I think Warne could go with 3-5-2 next season.
    At least one of the "2" would need to be a regular goalscorer - Warney has shown no inclination to look for that type of player, all the time that he has been in charge, so far (unless you count Vassell, who has spent a season with us without scoring a goal )

I think he has goals in him as well

Honestly I love crooks I think he’s ace, I mean come on 3 goals in 16 games in his first year in championship. I think his ball control is fantastic too.

I remember seeing him in first game or so at Milwall and a couple after on TV and thought he was great. Could never really understand why he was dropped out of the team for so long towards the end... Great prospect for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I remember seeing him in first game or so at Milwall and a couple after on TV and thought he was great. Could never really understand why he was dropped out of the team for so long towards the end... Great prospect for next year.
    I went to that Millwall match Raging. I agree, he was probably our man of the match that day!

There is very little chance that Warne will deviate from the formations and tactics he used last season.

The only changes will be some different names on the team sheet and the opposition won’t be as good (theoretically)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There is very little chance that Warne will deviate from the formations and tactics he used last season.

The only changes will be some different names on the team sheet and the opposition won’t be as good (theoretically)
    Very strange and even more factually nonsense statement ? You have absolutely no idea what formation, tactics he will\ might use ? Just like the rest of us !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Very strange and even more factually nonsense statement ? You have absolutely no idea what formation, tactics he will\ might use ? Just like the rest of us !
    Yes just like the rest, including you I assume?

But there is one fact in it all, last season we ended up in various losing situations but PW stuck with the same basic formation, so why would anybody think he would deviate from it now?

Speculation, yes, but that’s one of the main purposes of this fans forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast