+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds vs Rams - Playoff 1st Leg!

Leeds vs Rams - Playoff 1st Leg!

Wow..... great match today but the focus now is on 1st leg off the playoffs!

Seeed like several players picked up injuries today?

Thoughts n this one guys?

2-1 Rams

Its the play offs, form goes out of the window, anything can happen, Leeds might be traumatised by blowing automatic promotion and we could do well. But I can't predict what will happen.

Much has been said about how ‘scarred’ we, as a club, are by our near miss play off experiences etc, but Leeds will be equally scarred given their fall from promotion ‘certainties’ since ‘spygate’.

They looked nailed on promotion candidates three months ago but ended up being lucky to finish third. Difficult to come back from so who knows?

We looked much more able and willing to stand up to West Brom’s physicality yesterday and that’s encouraging but the injuries are a concern?

Still can’t see beyond Villa so, given the accuracy of my recent predictions, that should mean a Derby v WBA final.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-05-2019 at 07:38 AM.

rA, if we lose to Leeds in a close game, will you be demanding a rematch on the basis that the Premier league will be a better place with us in it?

A lot will be down to team selection and tactics in this one. Who will FL pick and in what position/role will people be selected?

If fit:

Keeper. I think we can safely say he will stick with Roos
    Right back. Bogle
    CH. Keogh
    CH.Keogh
    LB. Malone

That was the easy part.

DM. I'd go for BJ as he is more mobile than Hudds
    CF. Waghorn
    LM. Mount
    RM Holmes

Those were also not difficult. Now comes the hard part. The really hard part.
    Wilson. Do we play him from the off knowing that it's the DYS who will kick the lad off the park? Or do we start with Bennett on the right to take the sting out of them utilising the great way he and Bogle work together both in attack and in defence. Bring Wilson on for the last 25 to 30 when they are less fresh. Tactically this could be the move that gives us that solidity and helps us win. It is also a risk leaving out your top scorer but, are the goals the only thing he would give us? Hard one and a decision I'll happily leave to FL

Lawrence. Another enigma. So much talent. All too often too little application and and accident looking for a place to happen when it comes to tackling. Nearly every tackle he makes is a foul. Can he reproduce yesterday's better performance against the DYS or are the more lacklustre showings of late what we can expect?

We might also go 1-4-4-2 to match DYS in MF. BJ as DM, Lawrence at the head of the diamond, Mount left and Wilson/Bennett/Holmes on the right?

1-4-2-3-1

Evans and BJ as the 2 for mobility. Mount Lawrence and W/B/H with Waghorn up top.

I can't stop thinking Lawro is far more use inside. He was excellent there for Ipswich. Same with Wales. Why do we persist with him on the wing?

These are just a few thoughts. Feel free to add your own.

Listen, like I said. Have we cloned Keogh��?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    rA, if we lose to Leeds in a close game, will you be demanding a rematch on the basis that the Premier league will be a better place with us in it?
    Lol...Parky, you’ve recycled that ‘joke’ so often now I can only imagine you’ll be voting ‘Green’.

May the best team win and all that. Love to put one over on them though.

I did vote green

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I did vote green
    There you go then...right again.

I shall refrain from predicting the outcome until I see the staring XIs. The only given (apart from Shay) is that Bamford won't play in the first leg.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)