+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Done deal by end of month ,

Done deal by end of month ,

That's what they are hoping for .that's the latest

And next month it will be the end of next month

And still 52000 will go .

Fans still go to the game because there's a football team to watch.
    We can all have a good old moan about the running of the club or individuals behind the scenes or on that pitch but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of being a football fan and supporter, we all love to watch the game.

Imagine having to walk 500 miles for a top meal you believed you were promised, only to end up at the door to be told it's the very same egg, chips and beans you've always been used to before you walked those 500 miles.

Imagine having to walk those 500 miles back to get the very same.
    What have you lost and what have you gained?

You lose your mind. You lose your will. You feel despondent. You lose hope.

What did you believe you would gain?
    The top meal.

Sit back and go on with your life with no more expectation than having what you know you can have and not what rumours coax you into believing you can have and that way you can simply take everything in your stride as you move on in your day to day life and keeping your mind right and your hopes intact but knowing that, if all else fails you will still get the basics as a minimum.

Yet that hope of a good few top meals at the top half of the s****y table set up, can always be a dream and hope and a possible reality without having to do anything more than you are doing right now.

There's no doom and gloom for me, just acceptance of a situation, whatever that situation is at any time...as long as that situation ensures the club remains just that for the long term.

I watch lowly play off teams' fans cry and scream at their play off final win and lifting the cup for mere tail coat hanging promotion... and yet it could easily have been any cup on offer, such was the level of excitement before, during and after the games.

Are we really so hard done by?

Ok...

Sounds like the Brexit promise, what is it, 3 years now ?

“Are we really so hard done by?”

First real post of any substance here – but here goes.

We are hard done by – because we know that with the right investment, the right management and the right players we can hope to win something again. I’ve been supporting NUFC my whole life – the only thing won in that time is the Fairs Cup when I was 9 – far too long ago. There’s been a few cup finals along the way, and a real shot at the Premier League – all ended in failure but there was hope, belief and a city fully behind the team during those runs. Beyond that there was real hope and expectation that we could win something, and celebrate the success of our team. Since Ashley has been in charge there has been nothing but the resignation that at best we are fighting to stay in the Premier league. And we couldn’t even manage to do that on a couple of occasions. I want so much more than that for Newcastle, and it’s not unreasonable to expect that we could compete again.

I live in a city where the local basketball team just won the NBA championship for the first time ever. The journey towards that over the last few seasons has been phenomenal resulting in the ultimate prize. It took the right management, the right investment and the right players and a massive commitment by the owners to compete and win. The feeling in this city now is unbelievable. Watching this unfold has been an amazing experience, and I am hugely grateful to be part of it. If I feel that way about basketball, and my adopted-home town team I can’t begin to comprehend how I might feel if Newcastle actually won something significant – other than 10 games in a season, which seems to be what some people are content with.

Sadly it’s not going to happen with Ashley in charge. New ownership is no guarantee of success, but at least there would be hope again, and some expectation that we could move forward. With Ashley – it’s been no hope, no progress.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethreed View Post

We are hard done by – because we know that with the right investment, the right management and the right players we can hope to win something again. I’ve been supporting NUFC my whole life – the only thing won in that time is the Fairs Cup when I was 9 – far too long ago. There’s been a few cup finals along the way, and a real shot at the Premier League – all ended in failure but there was hope, belief and a city fully behind the team during those runs. Beyond that there was real hope and expectation that we could win something, and celebrate the success of our team. Since Ashley has been in charge there has been nothing but the resignation that at best we are fighting to stay in the Premier league. And we couldn’t even manage to do that on a couple of occasions. I want so much more than that for Newcastle, and it’s not unreasonable to expect that we could compete again.

I live in a city where the local basketball team just won the NBA championship for the first time ever. The journey towards that over the last few seasons has been phenomenal resulting in the ultimate prize. It took the right management, the right investment and the right players and a massive commitment by the owners to compete and win. The feeling in this city now is unbelievable. Watching this unfold has been an amazing experience, and I am hugely grateful to be part of it. If I feel that way about basketball, and my adopted-home town team I can’t begin to comprehend how I might feel if Newcastle actually won something significant – other than 10 games in a season, which seems to be what some people are content with.

Sadly it’s not going to happen with Ashley in charge. New ownership is no guarantee of success, but at least there would be hope again, and some expectation that we could move forward. With Ashley – it’s been no hope, no progress.
    Spot on...

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethreed View Post

Well said !!!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Spot on...
    Aye well said lass.

The end of the month is realistic.

No point in getting all doom n gloom right now.

So Villa have signed Wesley. So what!?!

Fact is the BZG have made the statements, the club is saying nothing.

Either because of a NDA or they simply don't give a sh!te about the fans ( which is their MO )

I explained about the Eid celebrations now being over and that work has resumed in the region for the most part.

Also I explained a rough timeline from when the story was leaked to the Sun - From someone at the FA no doubt; thus proving the deal was going forward. So with the Right & Proper test going on I speculated that it would be done by this week. Obviously it's taking a bit longer.

However the only comments of credibility we are actually hearing are positive ones. The rest is noise from muppets like the Chronicle who know nothing, have no contacts and just regurgitate other peoples stories or make stupid speculation to garnish clicks and views.

Hold on to ya dookaz lads n lasses.

We'll have some news one way or the other come the end of the month.

Then we'll either be dancing on SD's grave or burning it to the ground

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)