+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lampard in discussion with Rams over new contract.....

It appears Chelsea have not yet made an approach to Derby so why is everybody getting upset a paper talk?

Here is a statement put out by Morris at 12:06 today.....

Name:  MM statement.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  48.2 KB

DCFCA has seen something written in a London paper and took it as Gospel, what would you expect a London paper to say, until Mel or the DET announce Chelsea have made an approach or Frank himself has told Mel he wants to go then it's just paper talk. Don't know why DCFCA is getting all worked up about Frank going, he wants him gone anyway but wantp to put him on gardening leave for 2 years, that's great that is then Mel would have to fork out of his own money again to get another manager in while still paying one on gardening leave who he could have got £4m compensation for, I swear DCFCA is a 12 year old

Stenson, why are you so disparaging of 12 year olds?

He's gone, stenson

Good riddance, esp the way we've been treated in this sorry saga

Get Rowett back or a lower league manager in

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Stenson, why are you so disparaging of 12 year olds?
    Apologies to all 12 year olds, I'm sure there are some clever ones out there but DCFCA is clearly not one of them

Everything points to that happening, DCFCA but I do not believe it is yet official so its best to adopt the simple principle of keeping quiet and being thought to be a fool, rather than opening your gob and proving it yourself.

We were always onto a hiding to nothing with this appointment. If he succeeded, Chelsea would come running; if he failed then he would be got rid of as an unfortunate experiment. Given that we partially succeeded last season, its a bit of a dilemma which Chelsea resolved by sacking Sarri. I guess this is the root cause of your constantly changing opinion about his tenure on the job.

But looking forwards - Rowett? Dear God, Id sooner see McClaren part 3. I never wanted Rowett first time around, but to go back and put your head up the bear's arse again, knowing what you are going to get, is madness Why not bring Darren Moore back if you have your mind locked in the past, or maybe Billy Davies.

So realistically where do we go. With this new rumoured investment, it has to be Mourinho! Or Laurent Blanc. What would keep you happy? Allardyce, Pulis and Myes are free! It just depends how depressed you want to feel over your post match lemonade and crisps while sat outside the pub.

Perhaps Danny Cowley from Lincoln or the guy from Newport who seem to have put together a decent team on a shoestring. Please God not Bowyer or Barton though

If Lampard were to go then its got to be Chris Hughton, after all he does have two promotions out of the SBC , maybe he's too experienced for DCFCA's liking though

Nigel Pearson or Rowett personally

Pearson was the right man, we would have been up by now if we'd stuck with him, he needed time to get rid of the dross we had here

Rowett would come back, we actually looked good near the end of the playoff semi season under him, he'd landed on a good formation, I'd love him back, a no nonsense manager who has the club at heart

What about Joey Barton?

I'd be all right with him

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    If Lampard were to go then its got to be Chris Hughton, after all he does have two promotions out of the SBC , maybe he's too experienced for DCFCA's liking though
    Agreed Stenson. I’d like Hughton, or possibly that German bloke that got Huddersfield up. MoP and Angry wouldn’t go for that though.

Uncle ‘Arry has just said, in a R5 interview, that he thinks Frank will be on his way to Chelsea.
    Described it as a ‘shame for Derby’...hope he’s not trying to put himself in the running.

Maybe Frank could become an ‘executive manager’, like those new ‘executive headteachers’ who seem to be in charge of two or three schools and do sod all at any of them. Could have Uncle H or Jody Morris in charge while he’s away on more pressing business and we could have first pick of Chelski’s reserves.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-06-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)