Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
Stoke are a basket case club that need 2 years to sort their s*** out

He tried adding his own players to an already over bloated squad, and he needed the first season to run down contracts and offload some of the cr**, the 2nd season would have seen improvement but would have still been the same pattern really, another season of running down contracts and offloading as many as possible, by the end of the 2nd season he'd have almost got rid of the dross

Similar to us in many way, just playing for time and running down contracts and then offloading them without failing FFP, they decided to off him and go with Jones to do it though, who lets be honest hasn't had any better results as he?,, maybe the owners wanted a "better style of football" implemented and so went with someone to implement it, but he was always going to end up with the same problem Rowett had

Rowetts football wasn't that bad, we scored a fair few goals and our defence was decent enough, bare in mind we were 45 minutes from Wembley under him ffs

Pearson probably had enough of Mels meddling, pinning him up against the wall isn't all that bad imo, just telling him to back off, its a wonder no one has chinned Mel, I know he wants the best but come on ffs.
So in summary:

Para 1 - A number of poor errors of judgement on Golden Gary’s CV. Crystal ball improvement guarantee! Stoke a basket case but still preferable to Derby who offered an improved contract for him to stay. I bet in hindsight, he wouldn’t change a thing!
Para 2 - Getting sacked for non-performance but light was at the end of the tunnel in one contributors view. I reckon it was a long tunnel!
Para 3 - Rowett’s football wasn’t that bad. Compared to this past season, it was pants!
Para 4 - Defending Pearson’s alledged thuggish behaviour. Mel deserves a beating does he?

Keep going Army, your looking cleverer with every post!