+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jon Taylor interview

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    You have to remember that the players in question may (in future) be used in a team that allows them to fulfil their potential. The run run run long ball tactics of Warne meant that those at the scoring end of the pitch needed to chasing down lost causes - a better manager will play more football so those players - leaving the PW player sanctuary may just become the players we never saw.
    I'm sure PW and the coaches didn't stipulate that JT should run around like a headless chicken and lose possession.
    Any future employer will have to sort that out

Easy.....words fail me !

Looks like he rejected Sunderland move, wants to pay in championship.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/2...nderland-move/

Quite laughable report.
    They believe he's held talks with Sunderland but won't be signing cos he wants to play championship football.
    Urm does Taylor not know there league position before holding talks or are the web page making it up?.

I read something yesterday, not sure which paper or website it was in, but in it he basically said he was p issed off with being in and out of the team here due to the manager's rotation system with the wingers. And p issed off that players in other positions were getting a decent run of games. Also said he has unfinished business in the championship. OK.

I liked him, he had many good attributes but he's deluding himself if he thinks he will be a regular starter in any championship team, or that he would be wanted by any club at that level other than those looking to fight relegation on a budget.
    Luton may be a good fit, but once they realise his limitations, he will be in and out of the team.
    Barnsley I think can do better although no harm in adding to their ranks when there's no fee involved. There'd be no way he'd get regular football there though.

41 league appearances and 3 cup appearances for us last season, if thats not a decent run of games I don’t know what is.

If anything Warne played him when there were better options available with others.

Even Mr Bland Jerry Yates got fed up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I read something yesterday, not sure which paper or website it was in, but in it he basically said he was p issed off with being in and out of the team here due to the manager's rotation system with the wingers. And p issed off that players in other positions were getting a decent run of games. Also said he has unfinished business in the championship. OK.

I liked him, he had many good attributes but he's deluding himself if he thinks he will be a regular starter in any championship team, or that he would be wanted by any club at that level other than those looking to fight relegation on a budget.
    Luton may be a good fit, but once they realise his limitations, he will be in and out of the team.
    Barnsley I think can do better although no harm in adding to their ranks when there's no fee involved. There'd be no way he'd get regular football there though.
    Perhaps what you read was the 'tiser article linked in the opening post.

That's possibly from the same interview but it was a Sunderland or North East journal. Shields echo or sumat.

I'll miss him tbh. It's hard to find players who are willing to work as hard as he did for us. Maybe time for a different approach now, wingers who lack in work rate but can whip a decent cross in?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234