+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Yates leaving

Jerry Yates leaving

So does that mean that Carlisle (and other clubs) are interested in signing him, but only as a free transfer?

I wonder if Warne and Barker are looking at Yates and don't think they can improve him massively but will keep hold of him just in case (let someone else try to improve him)?

There have been other players that Warne has persisted with to make them better players.

Just makes me think that they are not holding out much hope for him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    So does that mean that Carlisle (and other clubs) are interested in signing him, but only as a free transfer?
    Were talking a transfer fee of one peanut. Carlisle are working on half a peanut. And we thought we were skint

This player has (for me) been the benchmark of Warne's capabilities as a coach. He actually rates him and in my opinion he's no more than non league / league 2 at best.

When I saw Warne bring on Yates with 10 minutes to go v Leeds I was astonished. Yates did exactly what I thought he would do - lose the ball first touch and 20 seconds later we had lost the game.

Verdict :
    1...PW poor player assessment.
    2...PW poor game management.

There isn't anything to build on with Yates I'm afraid. I've said it forever. Don't care if he's a nice lad or not he should have been identified as surplus to requirements 2 seasons ago.

My heart goes out to the real players that nearly gained a hard fought point v Leeds and what would they think when the manager undermines their performance and brings a player on like Yates.

Like Wood v Birmingham. Dragging him off after the damage was done. That's 4 points right there in two games through poor managerial decisions.

Times to grow up Warne - Yates to leave good - about bloody time and retire Wood we're building for the future - no zimmer frames in the championship.

Problem for me on Yates other than his attitude towards Taylor during that game against derby, is his development has been cocked up completely.

Not only do I not think he’s suited to be a striker I think for a young striker he should have been sent on loan to a league 2 side then a league 1 side but once again due to a unwillingness to buy a striker we brought him back to fill spaces ruining his development

bad news easy. brecks also rates him. whoda thought it, two footy pros being wrong

Yeah and massively wrong too - have you ever thought he was just being nice to the kid....I don't have to be....

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    bad news easy. brecks also rates him. whoda thought it, two footy pros being wrong
    He could be talking him up to get clubs to buy him you know

So pro's listen to the selling club talking up a player ?

There's enough footage on the airwaves and the individual "stat's" for the recruitment guys to work on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast