+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

As I’ve read elsewhere, using no deal as a negotiating tactic is like threatening your opponent with the splatter when you shoot your own testicles off.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What, a bargaining tool that would have a bad effect on our economy? It would have a bad effect on the EU as well, but they can spread the burden between 27 member countries, we have to take the full hit ourselves.
    Not so sure about that when only about a third, are net contributors, it's obvious that France and Germany will bear the brunt. Not only in terms of financially propping up the EU but in the fact that they are the two biggest manufacturing nations that sell us their goods, double whammy for them.
    Last edited by Nottsowell; 18-07-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Not so sure about that when only about a third, are net contributors, it's obvious that France and Germany will bear the brunt. Not only in terms of financially propping up the EU but in the fact that they are the two biggest manufacturing nations that sell us their goods, double whammy for them.
    At most they get a whammy each in that case, it's us who get the double one.

What, a bargaining tool that would have a bad effect on our economy? It would have a bad effect on the EU as well, but they can spread the burden between 27 member countries, we have to take the full hit ourselves.
    Germany and France might be able to take the hit but I doubt many of the remaining 25 would tolerate it.
    Surprising what a bit of pressure can do.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Germany and France might be able to take the hit but I doubt many of the remaining 25 would tolerate it.
    Surprising what a bit of pressure can do.
    As I said earlier, Germany and France will take the bulk of it, the other 25 members will take a little bit each. We have to take the full 100%. Leaving with no deal benefits neither side, but we will find it harder to cope than they will.

As I said earlier, Germany and France will take the bulk of it, the other 25 members will take a little bit each. We have to take the full 100%. Leaving with no deal benefits neither side, but we will find it harder to cope than they will.

I don't think the likes of Italy, Greece, Spain etc will cope better than us no matter how much Germany and France prop them up.
    They are virtually bankrupt now and without our contribution they would be in dire straits.I agree a no deal benefits no side, especially after the way we have handled it.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425