+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Wonder if you heard his interview on R4 last week. Stewart was on and the interviewer had a local businessman on the phone. The businessman was putting his case for Brexit and Stewart was talking over him and being extremely condescending. Businessman told Stewart he had no experience and shouldn't pontificate, Stewart replied in the most sanctimonious manner "I am a career politician don't tell me what I know and do not know". A career politician indeed, jumped up pillock!
    Yes a jumped up academic wallowing in the brief exposure he's getting.

Wonder if you heard his interview on R4 last week. Stewart was on and the interviewer had a local businessman on the phone. The businessman was putting his case for Brexit and Stewart was talking over him and being extremely condescending. Businessman told Stewart he had no experience and shouldn't pontificate, Stewart replied in the most sanctimonious manner "I am a career politician don't tell me what I know and do not know". A career politician indeed, jumped up pillock!
    A "career politician ", driller (I know, bores the arse off me as well) says he was a spy.

Apart from admitting to being a Traffic Warden , or an erstwhile Gestapo Torturer , he couldn't have been more inept.

The tragic part is he wears his " profession" like a badge of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Get the hankies out. What a load of cobblers.
    Which part is cobblers, and why?

I realise you aren't capable of debate if it involves more than an attack on Corbyn, so here is your chance to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Which part is cobblers, and why?

I realise you aren't capable of debate if it involves more than an attack on Corbyn, so here is your chance to prove me wrong.
    Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    JStrange that your compassionate and generous teachings ended up with you deciding to be an atheist and anti Royalist eh?
    Why is that strange? My views on religion and the royals are based on logic and rational thought. Those things were denied previous generations who had it drummed into them that you had to worship god and you had to worship the royal family.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I'll concede my interpretation of "Good Stock" was over the top in the way I put it but you know what I meant.
    I know exactly what you meant. You meant that if you are from a wealthy and privileged background you are good stock, if you are from a working class background you aren't. In the same way, if you have sold a machine that crushes pebbles like you have, you deserve massive respect. If you've never sold a machine that crushes pebbles, that means you must be envious of anyone who has.

So define 'good stock'. Please explain to us why in your opinion Alexander Boris dePfeffel Johnson comes from good stock.

Xxx
    So just as I expected you've taken the cowardly option again.

Out of interest did you have a relative called Caroline who was a councillor, and was she instrumental in you gaining any contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So just as I expected you've taken the cowardly option again.

Out of interest did you have a relative called Caroline who was a councillor, and was she instrumental in you gaining any contracts?
    FAO : Moderator

I think you had better step in here. That's not an opinion , it's an accusation of possible criminality

Quote Originally Posted by microwavedpie View Post
    FAO : Moderator

I think you had better step in here. That's not an opinion , it's an accusation of possible criminality
    It's not an opinion or an accusation of anything. It's a simple question which only requires a yes or no answer.

It could also be ignored of course, which I suspect will be the chosen option.

Get the hankies out. What a load of cobblers.
    What??? Why is that Cobblers? The majority on here at a certain age would agree entirely with EP on this one.
    Please tell us why you think that way.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast