+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    He could have been born in Timbuktu and christened Bill Smith ...... he's still entitled to be classed a gentleman as compared to Comrade C, a man who epitomises everything anti English, in fact a weaselly slob of a man (and every person I speak to, thinks the same)

"Arrogant rich tosspots" - Oh dear here we go again, the language of envy but never admitted to. Incidentally what's wrong with having a bit on the side eh? Try it and enjoy it if you haven't.

But Hey ho old lad, keep the red flag flying.
    So your version of good stock is don't question belief in God or royalty but it's good form to play away from home and betray your wife (and kids) because that's all part of being a gentleman. You, sir, are a hypocrite.
    I can only wonder what your wife and kids made of you.

A spy uses lies,deceit and moves in the shadows to protect the interests of the rich and powerful, with that skill set i'm surprised there aren't more of them in parliament, it seems a logical career move.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why is that strange? My views on religion and the royals are based on logic and rational thought. Those things were denied previous generations who had it drummed into them that you had to worship god and you had to worship the royal family.

I know exactly what you meant. You meant that if you are from a wealthy and privileged background you are good stock, if you are from a working class background you aren't. In the same way, if you have sold a machine that crushes pebbles like you have, you deserve massive respect. If you've never sold a machine that crushes pebbles, that means you must be envious of anyone who has.

So define 'good stock'. Please explain to us why in your opinion Alexander Boris dePfeffel Johnson comes from good stock.
    Correct ...... I didn't come from a wealthy or privileged background so I am not from good stock. I know my place in society and quite happy to be in that position - but calling or being envious of those fortunate to be born to these privileges etc worry me not at all.

By the way I don't understand your logic on the 'pebble' comparison - but then again your way of thinking is beyond my comprehension in many ways. I bet you're a laugh a minute in your local pub.

Oh, just to inform you. Pebbles are not crushed (too abrasive - especially the best in the land from the Trent valley)
    they are broken by high speed hammer mill (impact) rather than crushing (compression) but the machinery I was involved in were Sizers that that work on the principle of both compression and shear forces of the rocks involved. However I am ignorant of the technology of bleaching and dying but envious of you my friend? not a chance!

I only saw a bit of the Channel 4 'debate', but it seemed the candidates were caught between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand they can only beat Boris by trashing him, but if they do it lessens their chances of a being given prominent position in his cabinet. It also seems that Boris thinks his best option is to keep quiet, because the contest is now his to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So your version of good stock is don't question belief in God or royalty but it's good form to play away from home and betray your wife (and kids) because that's all part of being a gentleman. You, sir, are a hypocrite.
    I can only wonder what your wife and kids made of you.
    Of course Sidney lad I am a hypocrite ...... but an honest one. Never had a bit on the side yourself boy? Like EP I bet you're the wag of the pub! A gentleman should always have a secret mistress. I could tell you many a true story about the good wives of Hull and the Station Hotel but better not as it would be shocking to your innocent ears.

I only saw a bit of the Channel 4 'debate', but it seemed the candidates were caught between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand they can only beat Boris by trashing him, but if they do it lessens their chances of a being given prominent position in his cabinet. It also seems that Boris thinks his best option is to keep quiet, because the contest is now his to lose.
    100% correct appraisal EP. I'm proud of you as written without prejudice. Well done!

Correct ...... I didn't come from a wealthy or privileged background so I am not from good stock.
    So in your world coming from good stock means coming from a wealthy and privileged background. I find that a very shallow point of view and also disrespectful to your parents.

By the way I don't understand your logic on the 'pebble' comparison - but then again your way of thinking is beyond my comprehension in many ways.
    Pretty simple really. You have boasted many times on here of your involvement in big business deals selling pebble crushers (that bit was facetious) and suggested that anyone with no involvement in big business deals selling pebble crushers has a less worthy opinion on the way business and politics work. You see any criticism of extortionate boardroom perks as being down to envy rather than just being a criticism of the Fat Cat mentality. Oh, just to inform you. Dying is when you cease to exist, dyeing is the application of colour.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 16-06-2019 at 10:37 PM.

So in your world coming from good stock means coming from a wealthy and privileged background. I find that a very shallow point of view and also disrespectful to your parents.

Pretty simple really. You have boasted many times on here of your involvement in big business deals selling pebble crushers (that bit was facetious) and suggested that anyone with no involvement in big business deals selling pebble crushers has a less worthy opinion on the way business and politics work. You see any criticism of extortionate boardroom perks as being down to envy rather than just being a criticism of the Fat Cat mentality. Oh, just to inform you. Dying is when you cease to exist, dyeing is the application of colour.
    Good work Elite, I couldn't have put it better myself, but maybe I lack the working class credentials, being from a bit of a toff hit hard times family (ie living in a caravan at one point). Btw, you are far more left wing than you give yourself credit for. Change UK isn't for you, or even for them, it seems. But dying (or dyeing) isn't necessarily when you cease to exist, I have personally seen/heard evidence that's not the case (given to me by someone who passed too early).

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    'The intelligence is clear: [Saddam Hussein] continues to believe that his weapons of mass destruction programme is essential both for internal repression and for external aggression. It is essential to his regional power. Prior to the inspectors coming back in, he was engaged in a systematic exercise in concealment of those weapons.'

i personally think this one was a bit bigger
    I think you will find very few fell for that lie , and knew it was the OIL all along !
    However 17.2 million bought the brexit lies hook line and sinker !!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think you will find very few fell for that lie , and knew it was the OIL all along !
    However 17.2 million bought the brexit lies hook line and sinker !!
    No they didn't they have had over 40 years of being in the EU and didn't want to be a member any longer.
    Leavers say 16 million remainers bought the scare monger lies hook line and sinker also.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast