+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mange tout

Mange tout

Well Spain is done and I've headed North. Wanted to cut straight up France and cross in to Germany around Strasbourg area but turns out there was a big lorry smash on the route I chose.

Gridlock for about 4 hours. Was getting dark so I managed to creep up the hard shoulder and in to a layby. Thought I'd be ok to park there for the night. Heard some scrote trying to get the bike off the back rack at about 2am. So I did what the special forces train you to do in that situation and jumped about inside my van in my boxers making a noise.

It seemed to work and I reckon it was a lorry driver chancing his luck.

Couldn't sleep after that though and at 4.30am someone was trying the front doors. My 1st Daviot/Oldmeldrum scout training kicked in and again I jumped up this time grabbing the baseball bat. Whoever it was must have realised who they were dealing with and buggered off but I'd had enough so packed up and drove off. Waited till daylight then caught an hours sleep at a services up the road.

Anyway after that awful start and horrendous weather I ended up just North of Lyon and booked in to a campsite for a few days. Nice enough wee place right on the river Saone. Just back from a bike run up to a wee town about 5km away. Who'd of thought France is actually quite nice?

One more day here as I need to get a laundry done then I'm off to Germany.

Big St Bernard in reception here...

And a few pics from the cycle ride...

Bonjour for now folks.

Hemmin

France is the best country in the world.

Well, it certainly has the best camp sites.

France might be the best country in the world if it wasn't full of French people.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Hemmin

France is the best country in the world.

Well, it certainly has the best camp sites.
    Never clocked you as a camper. Dinna tell me you were in to tenting? Or were you a tugger?

Right about the campsites but they are over priced for what you get.