+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Dunnit?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT: A nice thought above ,but practically how could Israel do this without Iran knowing? An Israeli ship, with military personal? It must have military personal to be able to place a mine or some destructive devise? What defence weapons must it carry if in trouble, to defend itself? If Iran knew an Israeli ship was close by?? To be near that waterway? Iran must know who passes near that waterway. If Israel did attempt to cause some damage and the attempt failed ,what would be the relationship between Israel and those Sunny states.
    Those same states are opening up to Israel soon,those states being Sunny find Israel to be a friend as Israel opposes the same Shia regime as they do ,why destroy a friendship which has never gotten as close as this?
    Could an Israeli ship sail down the Red Sea with the Iranians backing the Houthis in the port of Hodeidah? Then sail all the way around S Arabia being undetected? No B T, you have to be practical.

Thank you Balan, as ever in that part of the world, if you want common sense and realism, listen to the Israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It's all conjecture.

It could be Israel, Iran or the USA.
    One thing is for certain 59, given the state of our navy, it wasn't us.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    One thing is for certain 59, given the state of our navy, it wasn't us.
    ....could have been James Bond in one of those small underwater thingies......

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT: A nice thought above ,but practically how could Israel do this without Iran knowing? An Israeli ship, with military personal? It must have military personal to be able to place a mine or some destructive devise? What defence weapons must it carry if in trouble, to defend itself? If Iran knew an Israeli ship was close by?? To be near that waterway? Iran must know who passes near that waterway. If Israel did attempt to cause some damage and the attempt failed ,what would be the relationship between Israel and those Sunny states.
    Those same states are opening up to Israel soon,those states being Sunny find Israel to be a friend as Israel opposes the same Shia regime as they do ,why destroy a friendship which has never gotten as close as this?
    Could an Israeli ship sail down the Red Sea with the Iranians backing the Houthis in the port of Hodeidah? Then sail all the way around S Arabia being undetected? No B T, you have to be practical.
    Have you never watched a "Mission Impossible" film Balan? Tom Cruise would nail this within one hour. We have "sneaky snorkelers" in Burnley and they would also have blown the whole shebang up, not just holed it!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It's all conjecture.

It could be Israel, Iran or the USA.

I wouldn't be surprised whoever it was - but until we find out then taking sides is very dangerous.
    We have been here before.

The USA will certainly put pressure on us and others to take action against Iran - but that would be totally wrong until we see the smoking gun.
    Odds on its Sara Netanyahu behind this. A proper dodgy bitch is this one...

Attachment 12940

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    our Royal family ? I'm sure that "they" are not part of MY family.
    Cosidering how much money that "they" squander, as mentioned by BT, when people such as myself are in the unfortunate position of claiming UC, £317.82 / month, I find it absoloutely ridiculous that "they" and the rest of their extended family spend what is esentially public money....for doing nothing.
    I was listening to BBC Radio 5 last night, the question being asked was about "iconic songs" and one that was mentioned as being as iconic in it's day as it is today was "God save the Queen" by the *** Pistols.
    I concur.
    Over the weekend numerous reports have come to our attention about multiple stabbings and murders in London while these two phucking eejits are playing charades...

Attachment 12941

59_60: Naaaaah! Bond is in the gym for the first time since his injury. Lifting weights in the gym at Pinewood studios after a stunt went wrong during filming, while still sporting the cast around his ankle. As Bond would say “The Middle East? My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done''.

BT Those "sneaky snorkellers" ,they are O K, in 18 -19 -20 C. But out there in those straits? It's at least 34 C . Then an Engishman after some 4 hours in the sun looks more like a lobster. They really stand out.

Oh and by the way ''a hint '' she really loves yellow Taxis!!!!

True Balan!

It must have been Gabriel Allon then.

Cui Bono? The USA themselves is high on my list of suspects.

I would say...

USA Evens
    Iran 3-1
    Israel 3-1

10-1 Bar

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)